Homefuels Direct - Failed Deliveries and Rude Staff

robinwilson16
robinwilson16 Posts: 4 Newbie
Just used this company again and experienced the worst service I think I have ever had and after 3 failed deliveries, people not getting back when they say they will on multiple occasions and rude staff that tell me they are fed up with me I have to say I am certainly fed up with their poor service and attitude.
I still do not have the oil I have paid them over £200 for and fear I never will. Luckily I purchased on a Visa Credit card so I can perform a chargeback if I need to.

The previous time they delivered oil they failed to deliver it on the first date but did on the second although the man came early in the morning at the weekend at about 7:15 and was banging on the door and ringing me to get me to go and show!him where the tank was when he was standing beside it and after telling him I was going back to bed he continued to ring and knock on the door and I had to keep going back but it was only to update me and then tell me he had finished which was very annoying when I told him I was trying to sleep.

Has anyone else used this company and have you had similar experiences to me?

I have been told the driver is sick, the lorry broke down, they are short of staff, they brought a lorry that was too large and all sorts of really when I have asked so they just seem to say anything to get rid of me.

Comments

• The company have now failed to deliver for a 5th time so I have now waited for over 2 weeks for my oil and it is getting worryingly low.
    I have also discovered if you phone after they have closed the message on the phone just says all their lines are busy and to leave my details and someone will get straight back to me. Also if I ring from two mobiles at the same time then the number is engaged proving they only have one line and one person answering the phone.

For a company whose only function is to deliver oil they are pretty useless!
    I also posted to their Facebook page and my post was deleted and I never received a response.
  • I just wanted to reply and say that the oil has now been successfully delivered and the owner of the company phoned me and personally apologised and explained the reasons for the delay which was much appreciated so I am pleased I have my oil in time for Christmas.
  • Considering the snow last week and the chaos that was caused last week they have delivered a lot quicker to my house than i though they would because of the amount of snow we had.
  • marinaqp
    marinaqp Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 March 2018 at 3:45PM
    It seems they are up to their old tricks again and I can repeat almost word for word the original posting by robinwilson. And absolutely no way of getting in touch with them as they are not answering phones, replying to emails and are wiping FB messages they don't like.

Update - received phone call to say oil had been delivered at last. It still doesn't change the very poor communication - which I see is one of the main complaints by others too, and if doing a good job is ruined by lax communication I would like to think this could be addressed to improve customer satisfaction and reduce negative comments like mine.
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Absolutely avoid this company! Ordered and paid for oil on 1 March and was emailed to say up to 7 days wait. We are now on day 14 and still no oil. They do not answer phones, they dont answer emails, they dont publish your comments on Facebook. Its like dealing with a brick wall.

Had I been told last week that it would take this long I would have cancelled my order and gone elsewhere. I cant even speak to anybody to cancel my order. Hopeless and we are getting cold!
  • Pennylane
    Day 15 now and still no oil. Do not order oil from these people. I went via Fuel Tools and they have been no help either.
  • Pennylane
    I dont think these cowboys know what theyre doing!:mad:

I was finally phoned today and told that my oil would be here tomorrow (day 16). Later I received an email to say it will now be Saturday 17th. So 17 days and counting.

If they had told me last week that there were problems I might have been able to cancel my order and purchase elsewhere.
  • Pennylane
    Finally received my oil but its been a long, cold wait. I would strongly suggest that people do not use HomeFuels Direct as they are absolutely hopeless.

I would also say do NOT use FuelTool for price comparison as they said Homefuels Direct would be my supplier and would deliver within 7 days. FuelTool were the people who took my money but they are as bad as Homefuels Direct as neither of them want to know if there is a problem. They ignore phonecalls and emails. FuelTool sent ONE email to HomeFuels asking them to make my delivery urgent and have never replied to any more phonecalls or emails.

Aside from the dreadful communication you dont know who will be supplying your oil until theyve taken your money so you cant even go to review sites and check them out. AVOID!
  • Another similar story...

Delivery was promised within 7 working days (which they anyway stretch as far as they can - it doesn't include Saturdays, or the day you order, or the Monday if you order on a Saturday...).
    8 working days later (13 days to the rest of us), there was no oil.
    On ringing up, I was told that someone had tried to deliver on the Wednesday (that would have been 7 working days / 12 days), but not liked the access and gone away (they have delivered fine to my address before...).
    I received no email or notification of this and, as far as I am aware, there was no attempt to redeliver being planned until I got on the phone and woke them up.
    2 hours after my call and having had to chase once already, they got back to me a have now promised to deliver the oil - in 4 days time!
    It is mid-January; I'm now running low on oil and so have had to turn the heating off to ensure I have hot water!
    This shows a total lack of care about their customers and no one I spoke to at the company gave any indication that they valued my custom - unsurprisingly, they will not be getting it again.
    I regret choosing HomeFuels Direct over BoilerJuice just because they were £10 cheaper!
  • Oh goodness you have all made me nervous now! I have used these people three times now and have always had my oil delivered withinin the time frame but I do go through their website now and don't use Fuel Tool or Boiler Juice. Guess I have been very lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure