Npower monthly fees mess up

Options
I have just been informed my monthly fees will be going from £47 to £102 as we have built up a £300 deficit.
I have complained to npower and it looks like they reduced my payments to £47 from £71 back in September and never adjusted.
them.
Npower have admited it was an error on their part and offering me a £50 good will guesture.
My question is do I accept this or hold out for more?
I’ve never been in this situation and to suddenly have to pay over double is a big ask.
I wish they never changes the original payment plan as would not be in this debt had they have kept it the same.
Thanks

Comments

• nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    feetfairy wrote: »
    I have just been informed my monthly fees will be going from £47 to £102 as we have built up a £300 deficit.
    I have complained to npower and it looks like they reduced my payments to £47 from £71 back in September and never adjusted.
    them.
    Npower have admited it was an error on their part and offering me a £50 good will guesture.
    My question is do I accept this or hold out for more?
    I’ve never been in this situation and to suddenly have to pay over double is a big ask.
    I wish they never changes the original payment plan as would not be in this debt had they have kept it the same.
    Thanks

Hi feetfairy

We'll be happy to look further into this for you if you send us some details to the address showing on our profile.

Thanks

Jade :-)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure