Possible abandoned car in shared private driveway blocking my garage

Praeceps
Praeceps Posts: 21 Forumite
Hi there, a few days ago we have had a Peugeot estate car parked in front of my garage. The garage is accessed through a private driveway which we have right of way to.

73b94115-f932-4da6-a3bc-6246ead7ffbb_zpsmhy1tbtt.png

On the picture shown the red is where my garage is. The black is the car blocking it and the yellow is the owner of the driveway.

The owner of the driveway is trying to sort it out with the car owner.
The car owner had left a number on his windscreen. He said to the driveway owner that his clutch had gone and that's the best place he could put the car. The car's MOT ran out on 15th of December. The car is an 02 plate which doesn't help, I get a feeling it might get abandoned.

I'm at a loss on what I can do as I need to use the garage.
What are our options?

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,162
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Your link is now live but warning to others trying to view it; I had to give up due to the large number of adverts and other guff!
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I would give it a few days then remove it. If needs be I would smash a window and push it out the way.

What' happens if your car was inside?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    I would give it a few days then remove it. If needs be I would smash a window and push it out the way.

I believe the council / police can assist if your car is inside, but not if it's outside.
  • Praeceps
    Praeceps Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2018 at 10:38AM
    link [/URL]is now live but warning to others trying to view it; I had to give up due to the large number of adverts and other guff!

It might be that the link is still somewhat different to mine? I have never had ad problems with photobucket.

Yeah I was thinking something similar, it will be quite the !!!!!! to sort out though as it's not facing the driveway exit and the driveway isn't flat. Luckily my car wasn't inside at the time. Though if it was inside it could have been something the council would sort out.
  • Comms69 wrote: »
    I believe the council / police can assist if your car is inside, but not if it's outside.

It’s not a police matter, they won’t assist.
  • scd3scd4
    Forumite
    Comms69 wrote: »

Sometimes you have to help yourself and then plead innocence.

I would have no issue with someone leaving it for a few days to help.............but its no good someone just shrugging shoulders to me.
  • scd3scd4 wrote: »

So you best advice is to commit a criminal offence?
  • scd3scd4
    Forumite
    So you best advice is to commit a criminal offence?

If "after" phoning the Police and then the Council. I see it as completely reasonable. The car did not break down there it has been left there to suit the owner.

What's your advise...........being a mug??
  • molerat wrote: »
    Is it taxed and insured ?

Mot expired, no insurance. It is taxed though. HN02 YUR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills