Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4,632Posts
    • 15,384Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
    • 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen! 4th Jan 16 at 11:12 AM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Well after over 6 months of being away I'm back and raring to go. So new diary time, 2015 was a carp year and I'm glad to see the back of it, so its a new year of looking forward and not dwelling on the past.

Will update some more later.x.

Page 62
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 7th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    • 3,391 Posts
    • 21,415 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I hope you're ok Penny?
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Then save up for repairs to the house.
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £0/Loss of Income Fund £0
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 11th Feb 18, 10:53 AM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Good morning.

So sorry I have been missing and not posting, everything is ok just very busy with life and glad for a week off work for half term.

I seem to have managed to have got behind with everything, house looks like a bomb has gone off, no TT done for a weekand I have money in paypal from ebay sales that I need to transfer to holiday pot, so I need to get back to being organised and on top of things.

This month is super expensive and I really need to stay in budget as it would be easy to go on a spending spree and end up putting things on CC, which is not going to happen. So far it has been DH birthday we had a night away in a lovely hotel which was already paid for as it was DH Christmas present, MIL had bought us a voucher for afternoon tea in the hotel and DH had some birthday money which we used for our evening meal and a couple of drinks. I took a bottle of wine with us that I had won which kept drinks costs down and an amazing breakfast was included in the cost of the room, we had a lovely walk along the lake the weather was beautiful just very cold and we were good and went back to the room for a hot drink rather than a caf!, the room had a fancy coffee maker which DH took advantage of and there was also a kettle for tea and hot chocolate, there was also bottles of water, biscuits and sweets, we felt very spoilt, so actual money spent was £20 fuel getting to and from hotel .

DD birthday is this week and also my friends 50th birthday party, need to get presents for both, next weekend I am going out for afternoon tea for another friends birthday and MIL birthday is at the end of the month. This week I need to buy DD presents and she is having a birthday meal at a local Italian. Horse needs new shoes so Farrier is coming this week which will be £45. I also have the dentist on Wednesday . Will need to also pay DD tutor for next half term on the 19th which will be £150. On a positive Dh has paid his tax bill and has got a couple of days extra work working for his mate which have both landed on his day off from main job.

DD and DS have both had parents evenings and are both doing well which is fantastic especially as they have had a rough 6 months.

Plans for this week are to get organised and back on top of things, we are eating out of the freezer all week to save money, I cancelled Fridays fruit and veg box and only did a small top up shop of milk, bread and fruit and spent £16, I may need more milk and potatoes later in the week. Yesterday we had scrambled eggs and tomatoes on toast for breakfast, ham and cheese toasties and fruit for lunch, last night I made a marinade from natural yogurt that needed using and tandoori spice mix and and coated some turkey steaks I found in the freezer, left that soaking in all day and just baked them in the oven and served with a carrot and red onion salad, rice and flat bread. Today we have had toast and am for brekkie, lunch will be sandwiches, crisps and fruit (DS might eat the stray pack of super noodles I found in the cupboard) tea tonight is roast pork, rst pots, stuffing, carrots, broccoli and green beans. I need to dig something out of the freezer for tomorrows tea and there is a couple of pizza or some soup for tomorrows lunch.

Listed a few items on ebay yesterday and have a few more bits to list today, 9 items finishing today with bids at £25, hopefully will get a few more. Need to catch up on surveys I have had £15 this week in amaz0n vouchers and have a round £45 in amazon account, need to order more washing powder and dish washer stuff at some point this week.

Hope everyone is ok and not to cold. xx
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    Debt free and saving for my future
    Long term savings £10,000 Holiday spends £349.02 General savings £160.24
    Clothes challenge £250/£36.63
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 11th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1,097 Posts
    • 9,012 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Glad everything's okay even if very busy. Make sure you take time to yourself over half term.

The hotel sounds wonderful and like you had an amazing time. Hope DD has a lovely birthday

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 11th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 8,606 Posts
    • 49,424 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Your night away sounds fantastic, hope you feel nice and relaxed after that.

Well done DC for glowing reports too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in 2018 12:60
    Lbs lost 14/107.
    Savings for Florida £82.90/£1000
    • chanie
    • By chanie 11th Feb 18, 9:36 PM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    chanie
    Pleased to see you are okay, Penny.
    2018 challenge to save £1000
    Spend less - £189.44
    Live more - £1569.05
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More - a spending diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576179
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 11th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 5,218 Posts
    • 33,144 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad all is well and you had a fab time at the hotel Well done to your DS and DD on the good reports
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £153.08
    Jan NSDs 4 Feb AFDs 1
    Weight loss 4/10LBS Emergency Fund £2000/£10,000
    April holiday £0/£900
    Dining room fund £150
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 12th Feb 18, 8:00 AM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Thanks everyone xx
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 12th Feb 18, 8:11 AM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Good morning, woke up to snow and the sound of geese flying over the house, always love hearing the geese it's as though they are talking to each other saying come on girls, keep going, nearly there (I know i'm bonkers). Anyway it has put me in a happy mood.

Finances done and withdrawn £100 from paypal which has gone into hols pot and made a TT of 37p.

Freezer dive done and we have sausages for tea, will do them in a tray with potatoes, red pepers and butternut squash, will throw in some herbs and garlic as well. Need to do a post office run and will pick up more milk whilst out as I made custard last night to go with some stewed fruits I found in the freezer. Will probably need some fuel for the car whilst out as well wondering if I can make £15 last the week.

To do today
    Finances.
    wrap ebay parcels/post+listings.
    Mount Washmore.
    surveys
    Ironing.
    General tidy up.

To do this week -
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Any paperwork that needs sorting and filing.
    Buy DD/DF birthday card and presents.
    Eat from freezer.
    HOUSEWORK.
    Declutter.

Finances today -
    37p TT to general savings, £100 to holiday savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 9/2/18 - 15/2/18 £50/£16
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£0
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 12th Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 1,097 Posts
    • 9,012 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 12th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 5,938 Posts
    • 21,239 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    All sounding busy with you Pennywise. Night away sounds fabulous! xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £6069.37 - 02/01/18 - 73.80% paid off
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 12th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Just having my lunch left over pork in a sandwich with chutney and a packet of ready salted crisp, apparently no one in the house except me like ready salted crisps and we have about 20 bags, i'm not buying more crisps this week so we will see if the kids eventually eat them as there are no other flavours .

Post office run done and nipped to Mr S spent £19 on milk, potatoes, valentines present for DH and baking bits. Didn't get fuel as it started hail stoning and I just wanted to get home, will get DH to do that tonight when he goes to sports club.

Have listed some more ebay items, tidied kitchen and pottered about tidying the house.

Postie brought me some satchets of l'oreal shampoo x4 and softening ointment x2, nice freebie no idea when I applied for them though.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 12th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    £40 amazon order done and being delivered tomorrow, we will be stocked up again with toilet rolls, washing powder, dishwasher tablets and tea bags. All paid for with amazon vouchers .
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 12th Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    £5 prepaid mastercard received from survey site, will add it onto DS school lunch account.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 12th Feb 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1,097 Posts
    • 9,012 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    You're doing amazing with the ebay and surveys

x
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 13th Feb 18, 1:14 PM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon, terrible nights sleep, which resulted in me sleeping in. I wanted to get into town early and get DD birthday presents, but didn't make it in until 11am, DS came with me as he needed new school shoes.

It has been a very expensive morning and will continue to be spendy as DD is having a birthday meal with her friends tonight, although her birthday is not until Thursday.

Spends so far today -

Clarks DS school shoes - £59(he is in mens sizes).
    Hair straighteners DD birthday - £79
    Lush DD birthday - £21
    Accesorize DD birthday - £7
    Poundland chocs for DD - £3
    card factory -£3

Last night the microwave set on fire , no idea why as I was just softening some butter and had literally been on 10seconds, anyway no damage done but microwave is kaput, need to look into getting a new one. Only needs to be a basic one as all we really use it for is making popcorn or warming up plated meals.

To do today
    Finances.
    wrap ebay parcels/post+listings.
    Mount Washmore.
    surveys
    General tidy up.
    Buy school shoes.
    DD birthday presents

To do this week -
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Buy DD/DF birthday card and presents.
    Eat from freezer.
    HOUSEWORK.
    Declutter.

Finances today -
    0p TT to general savings, £0 to holiday savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 9/2/18 - 15/2/18 £50/£35
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£0
    • chanie
    • By chanie 13th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    chanie
    Penny a similar thing happened to our microwave. OH put some food in it and it stated to spark and make strange noises. We tried it again later that evening and the same thing happened so we just replaced it. Its strange because there was no indication that it was going wrong.
    Last edited by chanie; 13-02-2018 at 8:26 PM.
    2018 challenge to save £1000
    Spend less - £189.44
    Live more - £1569.05
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More - a spending diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576179
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 13th Feb 18, 8:24 PM
    • 5,938 Posts
    • 21,239 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    to the microwave Pennywise. We once had a wheat bag set on fire in ours and it been in only a couple of seconds. Luckily DH saw it and manage to avoid any damage. We hardly use ours either.

Hope DD enjoys her birthday meal xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 13th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 6,841 Thanks
    redofromstart
    They just don't make them like they used to, the steam gets under the paint very quickly and its all downhill from there. Our MrM had some brabantina ones in the clearance but I cant remember the price.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 14th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 15,384 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning and Happy Valentines day . Don't do valentines in a major way but got DH a card and chocs and I received a card and some beautiful roses, DH is out with his first love tonight...... sports club, he has a match and I get the TV to myself .

DD had a fantastic meal last night and was very spoilt by her friends and rather well looked after by the Italian waiter, I find it amusing her father does not . DD has asked to go to the zoo tomorrow as a family, she loves animals and always chooses do things based around them, I will pack a picnic as weather is supposed to be fine but cold, so we will wrap up warm, I will probably treat us all to a hot chocolate though whilst there.

Dentist this afternoon for myself and the kids, fingers crossed I don't need anything doing, I also have a new dentist as my old one has gone on maternity leave, so feeling really anxious as it takes me a long time to trust a dentist, really don't want to go.

Finances checked, some money from ebay sales sent to hols pot and a TT made, £4 redeemed from surveys.

Amazon order came yesterday so we are now stocked up on toilet rolls, washing powder and dishwashing stuff.

To do today
    Finances.
    wrap ebay parcels& post
    Mount Washmore.
    surveys
    General tidy upstairs.
    Dentist.

To do this week -
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Buy DF present.
    Eat from freezer.
    HOUSEWORK.
    Declutter.

Finances today -
    39p TT to general savings, £20 to holiday savings.£4 redeemed paypal for surveys
    Weekly Grocery budget 9/2/18 - 15/2/18 £50/£35
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£0
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 14th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 5,938 Posts
    • 21,239 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Hope the dentist goes well today Pennywise xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

794Posts Today

6,626Users online

Martin's Twitter