Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lamp
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies
    • 25th Mar 15, 7:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Meerkat Movies 25th Mar 15 at 7:05 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert May 16:

Hi everyone, it's well worth reading our fully researched Meerkat Movies trick blog for the full lowdown on this.

Thanks to lamp for posting! Back to the original post...

----

Good morning all!

I enjoyed my first usage of the Meerkat Movies code last night at the cinema.

There has been some somewhat conservative comments regarding selecting of insurance to use this offer. I just thought I'd share how I got my policy...

You are eligible for Meerkat Movies with single travel insurance policies, so I purchased a short trip one to Europe, and for under £5, I have 12 months of Meerkat Movies. Bargain.

I don't know how long that will last before the threshold is raised though.

Best of luck!

Lou
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 10-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Page 3
    • Nikkisun
    • By Nikkisun 22nd Apr 15, 2:06 PM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 874 Thanks
    Nikkisun
    Does anyone know if the 2 for 1 would work with a Cineworld unlimited card? The Orange Wednesday offer did so in theory no cost on the day of the trip, just the DD for the Unlimited card.

TIA
    Originally posted by lynsayjane
    Yes it does - we've used it a couple of times - you can use the Meerkat code to book online too.
    xxx Nikki xxx
    • roms
    • By roms 22nd Apr 15, 3:42 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    roms
    Just purchased ERV @ £2.03 - not registering yet, but I await in hope
    Originally posted by Majik
    Me too! It's a waiting game.
    • lentrix92
    • By lentrix92 22nd Apr 15, 4:13 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    lentrix92
    What cinemas are these valid for ?

my local is Vue ......

thx
  • Jazzyzak
    Logged in and as I had purchased car insurance earlier in the year I was already qualified for Meerkat 2for1 cinema. Happy days!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 22nd Apr 15, 5:12 PM
    • 30,930 Posts
    • 19,561 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I have just bought two days travel insurance, single day seemed not available, and entered the details on the activation screen. However it keeps asking me to check the details. I see that Martin says it can take up to 48 hours. I hope that is for company's info to reach Meerkat and I will be able to activate the screen in the next day or two.
    Originally posted by checkmate
    I managed to buy a days travel insurance.

Does anyone know if the 2 for 1 would work with a Cineworld unlimited card? The Orange Wednesday offer did so in theory no cost on the day of the trip, just the DD for the Unlimited card.

TIA
    Originally posted by lynsayjane
    It does, I used 1 the other week.

What cinemas are these valid for ?

my local is Vue ......

thx
    Originally posted by lentrix92
    Works in cineworld, google for other options.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • berto2002
    • By berto2002 22nd Apr 15, 7:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    berto2002
    I signed-up today and it worked
    I bought a two-day policy for £2.24 and after about five hours I was able to validate online. Cool.
  • Mrs Mangles
    Meerkat Movies
    I bought insurance through ERV but havent had a comfirmation email with my policy number on to validate the movies. Has anybody else had this problem with ERV. These sorts of documents are usually through instantaneously.
    • _gl
    • By _gl 22nd Apr 15, 9:10 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    _gl
    Nope, mine came more or less straight away earlier today. Check spam folders? Or maybe their system is down...
  • elainejo59
    I cant seem to get my free tickets I just purchased travel insurance and got my policy number but it keeps saying Sorry, we can't automatically validate your details for the selected product and brand. Please check you have selected the correct product and brand.
    • _gl
    • By _gl 22nd Apr 15, 9:54 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    _gl
    Can take 48 hours (they need to get confirmation from the insurers first).
    • skooldaze
    • By skooldaze 22nd Apr 15, 10:27 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    skooldaze
    I bought travel insurance today but it remembered I used their services back in December so has took the latest from that deal so 8 months worth so I guess I could use a different email address etc.

Does this also work with NUS so you can do both?
    • mothershipton
    • By mothershipton 23rd Apr 15, 8:05 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 2,692 Thanks
    mothershipton
    Trying to do this today but dont seem to be getting any quotes for travel insurance at all. Maybe they are onto us!
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • Andabe
    Can't get a quote!
    Tried this morning with all different options including annual/USA and business - no quotes!

Anyone else having this problem?
  • tiffanybrooks91
    Been trying all morning with lots of different combinations and it just pops up saying none of the panel are able to offer any quotes.
    Hoping this is just an error on the website!
    • bagginslover
    • By bagginslover 23rd Apr 15, 9:12 AM
    • 476 Posts
    • 579 Thanks
    bagginslover
    Just validated my Meerkat Movies-I bought car insurance through them a month ago, and the app told me I wouldn't be eligeable to claim a toy, if I validated the Movies membership....but I already have my toy from this purchase! Now I'm worried my cinema codes won't work.

Has anyone else already had their toy, and have working cinema codes?
    Please excuse my bad spelling and missing letters-I post here using either my iPhone or rathr rubbishy netbook, neither of whch have excellent keyboards! Sorry!
    • paulfoel
    • By paulfoel 23rd Apr 15, 9:54 AM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    paulfoel
    Cant get a quote now either. Wonder if they've turned if off for now knowing whats been going on?
    Cymru am Byth !!!
    • shinypeeps
    • By shinypeeps 23rd Apr 15, 9:57 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    shinypeeps
    Yes, I'm having the same message "Sorry, none of our panel are able to offer quotes for the cover you require" whatever combination I request. And, to be fair (and so I didn't feel guilty), I've been entering my actual holiday dates in the UK, as I don't normally insure unless I go abroad as my home insurance covers most stuff anyway. I'm guessing it's not just a glitch...
  • TechyGuy
    Different terms in FAQ's when submitting a question
    I bought an ERV travel policy yesterday afternoon and waited until this morning, but still no activation. I thought I'd send the Meerkats a message via the contact link on their website, just in case the loophole closes today, to "get the issue raised first", so to speak.

When I clicked to submit my message, a list of relevant FAQ's popped up and I noticed that in this list, travel insurance is now listed specifically as a NON-QUALIFYING purchase. The list is available here and specifies:

Products that do not qualify: Travel, Health, Business insurance, Breakdown cover, Income & Payment Protection insurance, or Mortgages.
    compare-the-market.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/related/1

That's the bad news - the GOOD news, is that the terms for the offer (which is what I checked prior to purchase), were updated yesterday and still read

5. Qualifying Purchase

5.1 MEERKAT MOVIES is available to those who:

5.1.1 Purchased: car insurance, motorcycle insurance, van insurance, contents and/or buildings insurance, pet insurance, life insurance, landlord insurance or travel insurance;
    comparethemarket.com/information/meerkat-movies-terms/#purchase

So it looks as though they have realised the loophole, but not found all the references in the terms to close it yet. If those terms are still current and the purchase contract was formed based on those terms, the deal should still be valid... but caveat emptor! (buyer beware)
    • paulfoel
    • By paulfoel 23rd Apr 15, 10:08 AM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    paulfoel
    Yes, I'm having the same message "Sorry, none of our panel are able to offer quotes for the cover you require" whatever combination I request. And, to be fair (and so I didn't feel guilty), I've been entering my actual holiday dates in the UK, as I don't normally insure unless I go abroad as my home insurance covers most stuff anyway. I'm guessing it's not just a glitch...
    Originally posted by shinypeeps
    Turned off I reckon to prevent people doing this.
    Cymru am Byth !!!
    • shinypeeps
    • By shinypeeps 23rd Apr 15, 10:47 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    shinypeeps
    Actually, as I was previously registered with the site, my quotes came up in my account, so I could purchase insurance for one of my trips - the T&C's still include travel insurance, and even if you click the link at the bottom of the page for the "updated" T&C's, it still brought up travel insurance as a qualifying purchase.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

794Posts Today

6,626Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EssexHebridean: I?ve been an active member of the MSE forums for nearly 10 years now. It?s helped us to clear all debt including paying?

• RT @Ski308: @MartinSLewis @MoneySavingExp Been trying to work out how much I?ve saved due to the site. Must be well over £2,000 with everyt?

• Happy Birthday MoneySavingExpert - 15 years old today. It's come a long way, and I hope helped many people. Here'? https://t.co/fE1MqiDdQZ

• Follow Martin