Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    • 1,872Posts
    • 5,996Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 5:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Solarplicity (previously LOCO2 Energy)

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 4
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 5th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 1,386 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    Not heard nothing since the first email I got after I stated the switch but according to the welcome pack in that email, my switch is due to take place on the 9th Feb.
    Originally posted by LeeUK

Well I think you're ahead of me then because I didn't get an email with a welcome pack and switch date, all I got was the automatic "Thanks for choosing us, we'll be in touch soon" email that is generated immediately after filling the online application in.

As it said that my switch will be completed in 21 days, I expected to hear something within that time with a switch date.

I'll keep waiting and see what happens.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 6th Feb 18, 3:00 AM
    • 5,752 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Well I think you're ahead of me then because I didn't get an email with a welcome pack and switch date, all I got was the automatic "Thanks for choosing us, we'll be in touch soon" email that is generated immediately after filling the online application in.

As it said that my switch will be completed in 21 days, I expected to hear something within that time with a switch date.

I'll keep waiting and see what happens.
    Originally posted by Stuart_W
    That was the email I got straight after I signed up. The "welcome pack" was a PDF attachment which stated 9th Feb.
    • bellasis
    • By bellasis 6th Feb 18, 6:17 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bellasis
    Solarplicity switch
    Applied to join them in December 2017 and was sent welcome letter. On 8th January it was confirmed by them that the switch would take place on 12th January and I was to send our meter readings on that date to them.
    I received an email confirming that they had received them and that they had been applied to my account. On checking yesterday 5th February I find no meter readings recorded on my account with them and in fact I was still with my old supplier.
    Having tried several times to contact them on the telephone without success I am now trying to cancel my application for them to supply our energy.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 7th Feb 18, 11:32 AM
    • 5,752 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    LeeUK
    If the switch doesn't happen then it doesn't happen and i'll just do a compare again.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to chase them up.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 9th Feb 18, 11:16 AM
    • 5,752 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Well it's the 9th which was switch date for both gas and electricity according to the welcome pack PDF. Never been asked to supply closing/opening meter readings either.
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 9th Feb 18, 9:41 PM
    • 1,386 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    If the switch doesn't happen then it doesn't happen and i'll just do a compare again.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to chase them up.
    Originally posted by LeeUK
    This is exactly where I am. Will wait and see what, if anything, happens. The Ebico SSE to Ebico RHE switch was long and drawn out, the story of small understaffed suppliers taking a while with admin seems to be a familiar one.
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 13th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 1,386 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    Actually the above wait-and-see plan didn't work.

I was attempting to get in to my Ebico account online (who I am moving from) to find my details didn't work and resetting the password didn't work either.

This forced me to call up Ebico, who advised my supply had been switched away from them on 4th Feb! They were waiting for a final meter reading from the new supplier.

Lord knows when Solarplicity were going to attempt to communicate this with me, or heaven help us actually ask for a meter read. I've had nothing.

Forced to call Solarplicity. They sent me a link to set up my account online and took a meter read.

Ebico wait time was 2 minutes.
    Solarplicity wait time was 21 minutes.

Let's hope they find sending bills a bit easier.

Also ordered my light bulbs today.

I suggest you attempt to log on to Ebico, Lee, and see what happens.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 14th Feb 18, 12:12 AM
    • 5,752 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Actually the above wait-and-see plan didn't work.

I was attempting to get in to my Ebico account online (who I am moving from) to find my details didn't work and resetting the password didn't work either.

This forced me to call up Ebico, who advised my supply had been switched away from them on 4th Feb! They were waiting for a final meter reading from the new supplier.

Lord knows when Solarplicity were going to attempt to communicate this with me, or heaven help us actually ask for a meter read. I've had nothing.

Forced to call Solarplicity. They sent me a link to set up my account online and took a meter read.

Ebico wait time was 2 minutes.
    Solarplicity wait time was 21 minutes.

Let's hope they find sending bills a bit easier.

Also ordered my light bulbs today.

I suggest you attempt to log on to Ebico, Lee, and see what happens.
    Originally posted by Stuart_W
    Just logged into my account with Ebico as normal and my gas account with Bristol. No signs of any switching there.

I registered an account with Solarplicity on the 9th and sent them an email via the online account but as of now still no reply.
    • harrys66
    • By harrys66 17th Feb 18, 7:36 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    harrys66
    joined too...
    Moving from Ebico got my welcome email too

way I see it is .... will keep a note of my last date/readings from Ebico

Then just forget all about it and put my monthly monies away in a regular savings account !

The longer they take the better.... no DD, so why should i worry
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

794Posts Today

6,626Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EssexHebridean: I?ve been an active member of the MSE forums for nearly 10 years now. It?s helped us to clear all debt including paying?

• RT @Ski308: @MartinSLewis @MoneySavingExp Been trying to work out how much I?ve saved due to the site. Must be well over £2,000 with everyt?

• Happy Birthday MoneySavingExpert - 15 years old today. It's come a long way, and I hope helped many people. Here'? https://t.co/fE1MqiDdQZ

• Follow Martin