Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lol239
    • By Lol239 13th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lol239
    Lump sum of money
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    Lump sum of money 13th Feb 18 at 9:12 PM
    Hi there,

Can someone please help me. I will shortly be receiving roughly £80 000. I do not want to use this money and at this moment I do not want to invest it either. I am just looking for the best bank account to put it in, with the best interest rates and be able to access it if necessary. The accessing bit can be in a couple years but not too long. Any help would be great as I do not know we here to start. Thank you.
Page 1
    • steampowered
    • By steampowered 13th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    • 2,189 Posts
    • 2,069 Thanks
    steampowered
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:24 PM
    Have a read of https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest, that should point you in the right direction.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 13th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 24,560 Posts
    • 14,404 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1583859/Best-savings-rates-General-savings-Internet-branch.html
    • Freddie Allen
    • By Freddie Allen 14th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Freddie Allen
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    You have not mentioned that you would be comfortable with FD or just want to invest in savings deposit account as the rate of interest differs. I have a saving account of mine in Synchrony Bank which avails 2.35% APY at minimum deposit of $2,000.
    HNY
    • HappyHarry
    • By HappyHarry 14th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 551 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    HappyHarry
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    You have not mentioned that you would be comfortable with FD or just want to invest in savings deposit account as the rate of interest differs. I have a saving account of mine in Synchrony Bank which avails 2.35% APY at minimum deposit of $2,000.
    Originally posted by Freddie Allen
    Freddie, as mentioned before, this is a UK forum and so USA savings accounts aren't likely to help the OP.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,602Posts Today

4,891Users online

Martin's Twitter