Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrJDW
    • By MrJDW 3rd Jan 18, 7:53 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MrJDW
    La Redoute/ Redcats PPI - any experiences?
    • 3rd Jan 18, 7:53 AM
    La Redoute/ Redcats PPI - any experiences? 3rd Jan 18 at 7:53 AM
    I received a letter from La Redoute at the end of Nov confirming that they’d pay my PPI claim and the amount. I called them and they said the cheque would be with me within 8 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has succeeded with a similar claim - are they reliable at paying out/ do I need to chase them for the money etc?
Page 1
    • Erica2269
    • By Erica2269 13th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Erica2269
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 4:47 PM
    Hello. I've been chasing them for weeks and it's clear now that the 8 weeks was actually 2 calendar months so they never intended to pay out before 29/1/18. Now I'm getting different stories, cheques were going out Monday and Wednesday 29/1 and 31/1 allow 7-10 days for 2nd class post...right. Nothing received and I'm now told cheques go out Friday. My request for a callback this morning has been met with a response of 'they'll call you later in the week, they have loads of queries to get through'. I'm going to the fca to raise this. They owe me PPI they previously refused to pay and commission as instructed by the fca. Jenny Farrah heads up the payment team. Make a fuss if I were you
    • MrJDW
    • By MrJDW 15th Feb 18, 1:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrJDW
    • 15th Feb 18, 1:39 PM
    This is crazy
    • 15th Feb 18, 1:39 PM
    I've been chasing them too. I was promised I'd have it by the end of last week - nothing. Then on Monday I received a letter from them saying they were waiting for me to confirm my details to them by phone, which is nonsense - I have it in writing from them that I'd done so on 1 Dec. I complained, and was told that was an error and my cheque was on its way this week. Still nothing. I'm now going all out with Resolver, FCA etc and direct to Jenni Farrow. It's either gross incompetence or them deliberately delaying paying out, but either way they are withholding money that belongs to me.
    • MrJDW
    • By MrJDW 16th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrJDW
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    Update - cheque arrived this morning. Looks like the daily hassling finally paid off.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 16th Feb 18, 4:41 PM
    • 991 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 16th Feb 18, 4:41 PM
    • 16th Feb 18, 4:41 PM
    Update - cheque arrived this morning. Looks like the daily hassling finally paid off.
    Originally posted by MrJDW
    So they did not deliberatly delay payment nor was there any gross incompetence
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • MrJDW
    • By MrJDW 19th Feb 18, 8:01 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrJDW
    • 19th Feb 18, 8:01 AM
    • 19th Feb 18, 8:01 AM
    It took them nearly 3 months to recompense me once they'd confirmed they owed - I'd say that was one or the other.
    Last edited by MrJDW; 19-02-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 19th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 19,492 Posts
    • 10,591 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 19th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 19th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    It took them nearly 3 months
    Originally posted by MrJDW
    The end of November to the middle of February is not three months. Did you really ring them every day?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,652Posts Today

8,633Users online

Martin's Twitter