Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • t4ss
    • By t4ss 10th Feb 18, 12:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    t4ss
    Dormant store card has credit
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:35 PM
    Dormant store card has credit 10th Feb 18 at 12:35 PM
    While trying to find out if I had PPI on an old store card I have found out it is actually in credit. Over £100. haven't used this card for over 10 years. they are offering me a refund. but is that all I get for 10 years in credit? Am I being greedy?
    Last edited by t4ss; 10-02-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling error
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 91,067 Posts
    • 58,082 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:50 PM
    While trying to find out if I had PPI on an old store card I have found out it is actually in credit. Over £100. haven't used this card for over 10 years. they are offering me a refund. but is that all I get for 10 years in credit? Am I being greedy?
    Originally posted by t4ss
    Why should they give you anything? Its not a savings account. The terms do not allow for interest.

Maybe you should give them something for them having to put up with your poor financial management? - that may sound harsh but not dissimilar to your request that they give you something.
    Last edited by dunstonh; 10-02-2018 at 4:48 PM.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • t4ss
    • By t4ss 11th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    t4ss
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    Hey Dunstone,
    Thanks for the response. You are right about the terms and conditions. I feel well informed. The credit turned out to be a refund of charges I had complained about.
    Thanks
    Last edited by t4ss; 12-02-2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Spellcheck
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,939Posts Today

8,701Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Happy Birthday Jordon. 21 today. Wish you as good a day as you can, and hope you are out of hospital and on the m? https://t.co/G0V9q9agzT

• Got a Help to buy ISA? You have an urgent decision to make or risk missing out on £1,000s. I explain in detail here? https://t.co/W5OJieZddJ

• URGENT warning to all prospective first time buyers. You need to decide NOW if you are moving your help to buy ISA? https://t.co/BDK21rkLL4

• Follow Martin