Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Comments

• Jo84_2
    Jo84_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Anyone know of cheap airport parking for Leeds/Bradford for this July for 7 days ?

Have you tried looking4parking.com, I used them last year. It's a price comparison site. Fairly good prices from what I remember.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #1806 / £159.18
    Pay All Your Debts Off By Xmas 2012 Challenge #346 / £1487... £382 so far
    Weekly Grocery Shopping Budget £50... this week's spend £39.80
  • I fly with Jet2 from Blackpool. Its only a small airport with the one carrier and only a couple of planes going to 8 destinations but its easy. The airport charge £10 to all passengers as an airport development fee but they give free parking. We fly to Faro for a 2 week break in the height of summer and if you take the development cost as the parking fee thats £20 for 2 weeks parking as theres only 2 of us.
  • Anyone thought about parking at a near by train station?

For instance, Merstham train station is only about 17 mins (freq trains) from Gatwick and to park there for 1 week cost £22.

There should be CCTV at the car park so I imagine it is safe. I guess the down side is that it is probably filled-up with London commuters every day anyway :(
  • juless_2
    juless_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Does anyone have a code for manchester airport parking on site or valet parking if possible please We go saturday so I dont have time to be looking at the ones you get free if you can buy cheaper elsewhere IYKWIM thankyou anybody
  • mchu6am4
    mchu6am4 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Hi,

Just done a comparison between 'essentialtravel.co.uk' and 'looking4parking.com' and can see the APH car park is cheaper on looking4parking (£27.44) for five days compared to essential (£34.30).

However, there is only one listing for APH (APH Manchester - All Terminals) on essentialtravel website, whereas, there are two entries on looking4parking website, one is APH Manchester (£27.44) and the other is APH Manchester Undercover (£37.44)?

Are essential likely to honour the free parking based on this comparison?
  • I made a booking with APH for meet and greet parking last week.
    I called them 3 times on the day to find out exactly where we were meant to meet on the last occasion they said they were "too busy" and I would have to park in the normal long stay car parks. Because I was now at the airport at the scheduled time to drop off my car I had no time to make alternate arrangements. The default cost for long stay was £100 in addition to the £50 APH charged. I have still received no money back from APH. If they had told me in advance they were too busy then I would have made other arrangements.
  • I made a booking with Thomson Holidays last Friday along with car parking for Manchester Airport through Holiday Extras (£39.99).
    Holiday extras promise to give you free car parking for the period of your stay if you found it cheaper anywhere else.
    On Saturday less than 24 hours after booking the car parking l followed the thread on Airport Car Parking on MSE and it lead me through to another website 'Sky Park Secure' that quoted 11% cheaper(£35.59) than Holiday Extras. So l rang Holiday Extras explaining what l had found, l forwarded screen shots of the offer but as you may have already have guessed they have come back quoting Terms and Conditions.
    They rejected it because of the following:
    1) Prices that are part of a customer loyalty, members or loyalty reward scheme
    2)Prices that are part of a staff discount scheme
    3) Prices that are part of any other discount or special offer deal.

So my advice is be very careful when booking through Holiday Extras as they do break Guarantee Promises.
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Last week I booked a 1 night stay in October at the Heathrow Marriott hotel with parking for up to 15 days through Essential Travel for £172.68 (inc cancellation waiver). I found the same package for £154.80 through the hotel's own website so claimed under their "Free If It Is Cheaper" guarantee and have today received an email confirming my stay will be refunded in full.

I'm not even flying, I'm staying there after going to Legoland with my free tickets from The Sun.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • Was looking for a Discount for Mcr Airport; have NEVER used my AA membership before for anything - in fact never even used it for calling out the AA. Anyway thanks to someone on here managed to save a fiver (10%) on Meet and Greet which I've used once before (it was brilliant, literally right outside the door and probably even less than the 2 mins they say from the Airport front door).

BUT noticed after I'd booked that they will charge any extra time if you are late etc. Wondered whether anyone had any gen on whether they charge by the full day - so rather than me saying I was going at Weds 3pm and returning Sun 10pm, would I have been charged the same if I had said Weds 1am till Sun 11.30pm. I'm just a bit worried that with an hours delay late at night I could slip into the additional time (an extra day?) by being say half an hour late.
  • I made a booking with Thomson Holidays last Friday along with car parking for Manchester Airport through Holiday Extras (£39.99).
    Holiday extras promise to give you free car parking for the period of your stay if you found it cheaper anywhere else.
    On Saturday less than 24 hours after booking the car parking l followed the thread on Airport Car Parking on MSE and it lead me through to another website 'Sky Park Secure' that quoted 11% cheaper(£35.59) than Holiday Extras. So l rang Holiday Extras explaining what l had found, l forwarded screen shots of the offer but as you may have already have guessed they have come back quoting Terms and Conditions.
    They rejected it because of the following:
    1) Prices that are part of a customer loyalty, members or loyalty reward scheme
    2)Prices that are part of a staff discount scheme
    3) Prices that are part of any other discount or special offer deal.

So my advice is be very careful when booking through Holiday Extras as they do break Guarantee Promises.

Sorry just posted then saw this; I saw their "offer" too. I had Mcr Airport main site quoting £49.99 and HE quoting £89 (I think). Thought about the "Free if...." but just don't trust things like this so by passed it - looks like with good reason! Eventually after coming on here booked with the AA for £45 ALTHOUGH I saw the HE logo at the top of the AA page, so I presume in one way or another I have gone thru them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback