provident agents [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

Options

Comments

• Beeincontrol
    Options
    Well they gone and done it again. Put up the threshold to 80%. they want us out there working 6 days a week for 7% commission.
    I call supplying us with a app for everything on Our Phone, Getting rid of the Admin team. then telling us what to do. Continually threatening agencies that fall below 100 customers with termination of contract. Employed!!:mad:
  • Beeincontrol I heard that myself about the 80% threshold. There are a lot of unhappy, very experienced agents that are affected by all the changes. The grass is greener on the other side see the post from jacko12.

I cover the Liverpool Area and the Wirral. Any agents ready to make a change please contact me. You won't regret it :):j
  • makeyourdaddyproud
    Options
    It's not hard to see pay and conditions deteriorating in the face of reckless lending to be honest. Not only are interest rates p1ss poor, pressure on cowboy lenders are increasing across the board: from cutting excessing charges to rate temperance - certainly leading to a reduction of pay, conditions and layers of middle men. It would seem bailing out is the best thing to do imo
  • hadenuf1
    Options
    3 agents quit last week and 4 left the week before leaving managers to collect in my office. Many more be gone by Christmas, agents and managers miserable and it shows the minute you walk into the office. In my opinion the reason they have raised the threshold is because they know agents can't support a family on 7 percent and will leave. Provident days are numbered, they want to sell it on to concentrate on Satsuma and Vanquis. To do this they need to make it more saleable SO cut back on agents saves money, managers collecting, don't pay them commission, this including recent redundancies make the company look much more profitable on paper and easier to sell on. Dirty tactics all around but Provident have never put agents first only profit. Days are definitely numbered.
  • Poor_Agents
    Options
    Remember the Christmas and Summer bonus ?
    you could earn good money for putting new people on !

The good old days, when it was worth doing extra !:rotfl:
  • demoralised
    Options
    Sorry but the Christmas and summer promotions are the reason we are being punished today. Irresponsible agents put any old rubbish on, regardless whether the customer could pay or not, just so they got their bonus. This pushed impairment to silly levels as defaults rocketed, then resulted in plummeting customer numbers as these faux customers were lost. This resulted in the fines being introduced to try to curb rocketing arrears, so I doubt they will ever be daft enough to bring them back. Real customers are very thin on the ground these days, and we have much more competition as well. This commission system does reward the careful agents, but discourages us from taking even a slight risk if it can result in a loss of a third of your pay in 1 week. Personally I am sick and tired of all these changes, you can't plan your finances because you don't know what system you will be on next month, I have seen many upset agents who have committed to mortgages or car loans etc only to find they are going to lose a large chunk of their pay even though their work schedule hasn't changed, just on the whim of someone higher up who thinks its a hoot to subject their workers to unbearable stress. It could be justified if this brought improvements to the companies lot, but all it does is send home credit further down the pan, be prepared for another slide HQ as agents leave in droves taking your best customers with them.
  • Poor_Agents
    Options
    Sorry but the Christmas and summer promotions are the reason we are being punished today. Irresponsible agents put any old rubbish on,

You aren't wrong but not all of us put any old rubbish on , I gained many descent customers .
    A lot of the problems now are down to managers making Agents put total rubbish on for £100 so they could hit targets and threatening your job if you didn't ! and the good old fresh start , if they didn't pay 1st time then we had no chance !
    And of course it all started sliding down hill when the fines started !
  • Devils_Incarnate
    Options
    Well it's that time of year again when customers reading this blog have probably overstretched themselves and are now wondering "How the hell am I going to pay each week the loan that my friendly agent has forced upon me?"
    Well, there is a thing called a DRO which will get rid of it in 12 months and you won't have to pay a penny. How good is that?
    There's more information on nationaldebtline.
  • Ian_McD
    Options
    Quite an old thread but if anyone is interested we've created a Provident Agents Forum over at providentagents .co.uk It's still in it's infancy but we have to start somewhere. Input and views are most welcome !!!
  • makeyourdaddyproud
    Options
    Ginger.ice wrote: »
    Get a proper job that you can be proud of.

You'll no longer just be another monkey exploiting vulnerable folk out of their last pennies. You might be able to hold your head up when you tell people what you do for a living.

The company you work for has helped ruin a lot of lives.

Why are you reviving a 5 year old thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure