Where's the best place to sell DVDs?

I'm hoping you lovely people can help.

I've got a bunch of DVDs that I've watched once and would happily sell, but cannot seem to find the best place. They're run of the mill so will only be worth a couple of quid at best.

I sold one on Amazon for £1.15 + postage, but found after Amazon took their chunk, and I paid for (second class) postage, I was left with 27p. :o I'd rather keep them than let them go for that.

Is there anywhere I can pocket at least £1 for each DVD?
I've got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Comments

• gmang
    gmang Posts: 171 Forumite
    eBay? I usually get more than that for old DVDs. Worth waiting for one of their regular free-listings days.
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    gmang wrote: »
    eBay? I usually get more than that for old DVDs. Worth waiting for one of their regular free-listings days.
    I put a few up last weekend, starting at 99p (so didn't need to wait for a free-listing day) and none of them sold :(
  • You can look at completed listings on ebay to see which dvs sell and for how much. Most don't sell these days but the odd one might be worth something.You might have more luck selling them as a job lot.
  • You could always do a 'job lot' listing where you advertise your eBay listing as a random selection of DVDs, but make sure you list some of the DVDs that you are going to include in the box! I've seen people do that on eBay with DVDs and also CD albums. Again, you won't make a huge amount of money out of it, but some thing is better than nothing I guess.

If you work also, do you have a notice board you could list your DVDs for sale with a price next to each title? People could then contact you if they were interested.
  • ebay for me, but boot sale if you want way to unload them. But its winter now.. decision.. decisions..
  • GAH
    GAH Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Ebay is a hassle and not worth the time and effort for what you get back. The price of DVD's new makes second hand ones worth virtually nothing.

Boot Sale is def best place just to offload them, but you won't find any outdoor ones this time of year.
  • Wobblydeb
    Wobblydeb Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone for the good ideas - I'm quite liking the job lot idea. I reckon I could do a good chick flick set which would make a good pressie! :)
  • Hi

Was wondering if you had tried CEX. They take DVD's and PS3, Xbox games etc.
  • If you are prepared to exchange rather than get cash you could try an independant, presuming one available to you. They may offer comparatively little per disc but a better exchange rate, allowing you to choose other items.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure