Making money at home from sex chat lines

Comments

• jen_br
    jen_br Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    wireframe wrote: »
    Just because the pay is good? Damn. Is it a "difficult" job in any aspect? or is it pretty simple, just well paid? If its just simple, how comes it IS so well paid?
    Also, are you just trolling in this thread too?

No im not trolling im answering your question.

The pay is good, the job is tiring, the "scene" as in the Adult industry scene is tiresome and hard going. its not simple. you get treated like crud and well its well paid because its a NEED on a set.
  • wireframe_2
    wireframe_2 Posts: 219 Forumite
    jen_br wrote: »
    No im not trolling im answering your question.
    Whilst your responses are interesting, your comment in the other thread has me suspicious. How do you know so much about "fluffers"?
  • jen_br
    I just do... Does it matter how I have my knowledge?
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm now very dubious about your motives for posting this thread. You stated that you were merely curious, so then what does your thread have to do with 'upping your income'? You then contradict yourself by asking do I not think there is money to be made in the industry (yes there is, but not by the people who do the hard work).

Yes, I work on chatlines. I am not ashamed of that, I earn an honest living and I work very hard for it.

You say 'You say yourself in your thread you are asked to do things for the pleasure of others and you know what they're upto on the other end of the line.' In the interests of accuracy, can you quote me on this? Have you been lurking there?

I'm going back to earning a living and leaving you to your trolling.

I'd have thought it was quite clear what this thread has to do with upping your income...The thread title - "Adult Acting" as income supplement? - should be a clue.

I've not, to my recollection, been to your "other" thread and given your attitude on this one, I don't think I'm going to be rushing over any time
    soon...

Without knowing much about it, I'd have thought that saying things that provide the user with pleasure is somewhat part and parcel of phone work. Your insistence on quibbling over semantics really does paint you in a poor light. You've ruined what could have been quite an interesting thread. :T

Anyway, back on subject, if I were single and buff enough, the main thing that would deter me from appearing in films are health and anonymity concerns - my present employer wouldn't be thrilled with me moonlighting as an adult actor, so I'd have to change careers altogether or have my face blurred out :)
  • jen_br
    Your face wouldn't be able to be blurred out and the higher end of the market films make you go through a lot of medical checks etc... Personally if you were seen by your employer I would question why they were viewing such videos?
  • wireframe_2
    I would suggest you read the books of Seymour B*tts and watch his documentary about how he makes films the production the casting etc.
    I saw that, actually. I just figured the US market and the UK market would be different.
    Herschel Savage is one of the !!!!!! industries kings he worked on Debbie does dallas and made like 150-200.00 a DAY back then!!
    I thought she worked on that film "under duress". Wikipedia says that's not so. Heh. Myth disproved.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554
    Photogenic
    Forumite
    wireframe wrote: »
    outlawed!?

Making an image violent or simulated violent acts in a sexual setting or for sexual gratification is ilegal in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7364475.stm
    Even on the beeb. Law went through last year.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • jen_br
    dmg24 wrote: »
    As I said, my ex is one of the biggest names in the industry. He would never use a fluffer on his shoots.

BDSM is not illegal per se.

Yes, bringing in dvds etc with that on it will and can get taken away.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554
    Photogenic
    Forumite
    dmg24 wrote: »
    BDSM is not illegal per se.

Filming it is in the UK.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • wireframe_2
    Ok, so from what I've heard here, really, there isn't much money to be made from the "acting" role. Does anyone know how the pay system works? royalties? or just a one-off cash payment, and that's your lot, no matter how well it sells?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback