PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    OMG your a lifesaver:T :T :T :T :T :T
    Now I just have to go back through threads for what I want.:A :A :A

Love allxx

here is a thread I like with lots of recipes in :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=710445

its brilliant I have copied out the ones I like and put them in a recipe folder on my desktop
    :beer:
    also there are some at the beginning of this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1001527

angelnikki has compiled it out of the recipes in this thread
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Firstly - Condolences to MrsM. You know where we are if you need us.

Had a NSD yesterday and probably will today too. Supposed to be out with a customer tonight but really don't fancy it so may skive off and have some nice HM tea instead.
    Just can't face another fancy faffy restuarant dinner - you can have too many you know!
    May just go home and have jacket spud with beans and cheese or a quorn fillet and wedges - something plain and simple. Could do with doing the ironing for holidays too.

Not raining here today yet so hopefully I'll have a nice dry dog walking session later.
    Take care xx
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    cooking choccie (39p), :wave:

Hi OrkneyStar - can't believe you gave in to temptation, I would never do that....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (much...:rotfl: )

Just to let you know, Tesco cooking choc is the same as their value chocolate on the sweet aisle, and it is only about 24p there (can't remember exactly, sorry) but worth checking it out (unless you're like me, then it's cheaper to stay away, and less fattening...:D:rotfl: )
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi OrkneyStar - can't believe you gave in to temptation, I would never do that....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (much...:rotfl: )

Just to let you know, Tesco cooking choc is the same as their value chocolate on the sweet aisle, and it is only about 24p there (can't remember exactly, sorry) but worth checking it out (unless you're like me, then it's cheaper to stay away, and less fattening...:D:rotfl: )

Mr & Mrs have some choc every day with their afternoon tea, very tempting for lil ol me:o :rotfl: :rotfl:
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Yeah nikki mentioned this too. We did not check out the sweetie aisle, largely cos we have some in at the moment and I am trying to resist eating too much choccie (its ok in home baking though lol). I am planning some time in a few weeks to pop along with a list of value stuff folk have mentioned and see what they do stock, as its a small Tesco and absolutely full of locals at the mo! Even paying what we did for the value stuff is soooooo much cheaper than what we have had to pay for Scotbloc and the likes, even Tesco own is cheaper than that so am chuffed to have got the value stuff for 39p :D
    They don't do Tesco own yeast, which was a dissappointment, although the Hovis stuff was 60p- 10p cheaper than I have got it for here before!
    Back to the ever rising bread dough.........x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• busy_mum_4
    busy_mum_4 Posts: 110 Forumite
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Well my tesco order is going to be late i think its due 9am-11am what do i do if it goes over 11am?

Hi, I have never had a home delivery before, but I think I can remember someone saying on here once that their delivery was late and they were given some money back or vouchers, but can't remember for what shop sorry. Worth asking driver though:j
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • turbo5019
    turbo5019 Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OMG the Weetabix Brownies is to die for I put it on the cooking rack and a few bits dropped through I was caught picking them up by DH he just said next time put a tray underneath to catch the bits. Can't belive half has gone already:eek:
    GC July £250/
  • I had a nice suprise today! I found a ten pound note in my purse I didn't even know was there! Which was good as last night I was in a bit of a tiz waz about money. (unexpected expense this month as I hit a colleague car and have to pay for that!)

Just a quick question, maybe this has been answered somewhere but in my lunch I don't have time to read through all the posts, but does anyone know where I can buy borax? I wanted to make some of the homemade washing powder that I saw somewhere on here, but I can't seem to find any borax? well I can online but it seems e.x.p.e.n.s.i.v.e

Ta muchly xxx
    Muddling through debt but can't see any light at the end of the tunnel??!! :confused:
  • Herewegoagain
    Debt-free and Proud!
    turbo5019 wrote: »
    OMG the weetabix cake is to die for I put it on the cooking rack and a few bits dropped through I was caught picking them up by DH he just said next time put a tray underneath to catch the bits. Can't belive half has gone already:eek:

wow,
    Don't think I had better cook that one then or the maintainace D' plan will be out the window:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    HWGA
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • Herewegoagain
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I had a nice suprise today! I found a ten pound note in my purse I didn't even know was there! Which was good as last night I was in a bit of a tiz waz about money. (unexpected expense this month as I hit a colleague car and have to pay for that!)

Just a quick question, maybe this has been answered somewhere but in my lunch I don't have time to read through all the posts, but does anyone know where I can buy borax? I wanted to make some of the homemade washing powder that I saw somewhere on here, but I can't seem to find any borax? well I can online but it seems e.x.p.e.n.s.i.v.e

Ta muchly xxx

Bad luck on the car, just done similar chin up;)
    and would also like to know re borax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure