PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• LisaJH2000
    LisaJH2000 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    thegaffer wrote: »
    Hi, Ive been waiting 40 days now, Rang them yesterday and its just a sheer backlog of chqs going out. They have taken on extra staff but as MBNA are paying out to most people its tkaing them longer than they thought. So dont worry your chwq will be on way (like mine is)

Well yesterday the lovely Amersall gave me the email address of the CEO of MBNA

[EMAIL="ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com"]ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com[/EMAIL]

A quick email to him explaining that I had received a letter with no contact details on so I had no option but to contact him. Included my ref number, name and address along with a note to say I had not received my cheque within 28 days as they advised.

30 mins later I got an email back saying they had authorised the cheque and would be sending it out. I should have it Friday or Saturday.

Try it! :T
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well yesterday the lovely Amersall gave me the email address of the CEO of MBNA
    Thank you :D i have been called a lot of things :eek: lovely is not one of them :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:too rude to post on an open forum :eek:
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    :j:jBrilliant :beer::beer:

WoW! so impressed! :j:beer:still awaiting mine from MBNA, got 2 letter from them thus far first said 28 days and the other by 4th August! here's hoping for a nice chunk left over after taking balance which is just over £2K! :T
    Long Hauler No: 51
    DMP Mutal Support Thread No: 207
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DFD - June '13, aiming for December '12
  • uglybugball
    uglybugball Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Very infrequent poster here , but avid reader.
    Just had letter from Co-operative bank (Smile ) upholding my complaint for loan taken out in 2007 and still running ( front loaded PPI )
    Total refund of over £2300.00 will be appearing in my bank shortly and payments will be reduced by £43.00 a month.
    Sent the forms 10th June so quite quick ,think they are one of the decent banks.
    Thanks to you all for your help and encouragement , anyone not sure whether to claim or not , just do it , takes about 10 minutes to fill in the form.
    Regards
  • Scotty1.7
    Scotty1.7 Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    I sent mine in a week after yours uglybugball

Fingers crossed for a response next week then for me
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Well done to all winners of the day, Congratulations!:T:beer::j
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Rae115 wrote: »
    Told u they would get fed up

Sent another email to the ceo telling him i was appalled and was this treating the customer fairly anyway with 5 mins customer relations called and appogised for everything however its opus she forward email thread to them and get manager to discuss so told her if they dont i will search for their ceo dets and send him emails she said by all means if they wont answer then go tot he top to get a suitable response.

So will keep u all updated

Good one and great work! and the best of luck.:T:beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    ArferDaly wrote: »
    Hi All.

Just had my letter from Egg about my loan asking for another month to respond to it.:mad:

Shame really as they settled my credit card about a month ago and both complaints were submitted at the same time. :mad:

Here is hoping.

Mark :(

Hi Mark

Wishing you luck and hope this will be the outcome your waiting for, although they say about the extra time, its possible this is because of the calculations they have to work through as well, so good luck.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    IANC wrote: »
    Received a letter today from the lovely Nerys.

Called her and she will let me have updates regularly.

Obviously once she returns from holiday.

Really funny when I called her and started off the conversation with 'I hope you enjoy your holiday, you are off on Friday aren't you?, going anywhere nice?' :rotfl::rotfl:

Freaked her out a bit until I told her that she had spoken to someone that I know.:D

LOL this gave me a right giggle lmao :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All crossed here for you.:j;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Rae115 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the ceo for opus is and their email address.

Will take a gander, but for not just the details from the website, good luck hon x
    http://www.opuscard.co.uk/contact-us.aspx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport