Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I feel much the same about NT membership indie.
    I probably do just about cover the subscription but by the time I've bought something in the shop or eaten in the caf! then I'm donating more than I'm using. There's an exhibition in my local property at the moment that I must get to see.

I've had a small walk today as we've been to football and the ground is away from the city centre. I did look quite smart but that was the top layer! Underneath I had loads of jumpers, thermal trousers, long socks etc. Putting my long, black hooded coat over the top meant I looked fine. I did my make up too and it was so sunny I wore my RayBans!

Not much else going on fabbing wise today other than plenty of veg with dinner.:D
  • I went for a walk yesterday too - wasn't looking especially fab but the intention was to walk at a brisk enough pace to work up a sweat and I managed that - so my reebook leggings, heat tech top with a mountain warehouse hiking top and soft shell over the top and my wooly hat and fleecy gloves was the right kind of kit. I was out for about an hour and a half and went to Dulwich Park, Dulwich Woods, Horniman Museum Gardens and back through Camberwell Cemetry to go to the local shops where I could pick up some stock cubes so I could make some soup when I got home.

Went to the pub quiz in the evening and just had soda water with wedges of fresh lime - been a week without alcohol now, but that was the first time I had been out in that week so not a proper test. Anyway, had just as much fun without it and head feels clearer for it this morning.

Off to the park in a bit for a workout - going to walk there and back, help me warm up and get my step count up - it's about a mile either way.

Going to the cinema with a couple of friends this afternoon - it's half price day at the Picturehouse, still more expensive than going to Peckham Plex, but it is rather lovely there so I don't mind paying the extra. We're going to see La La Land.

Also got to collect the bike from the shop where it is being serviced today - the chaps who were in on Saturday when I dropped it off reckon it might need a new chain, which makes sense as it fell off once in my lesson and the gears were a bit clunky which might be related to that.

Somewhere in between all of that I need to get some more food prep done for the week ahead. Ocado man coming a bit after my workout.

Then finally yoga this evening. Will get home about quarter past nine and aim to go to bed soon after as I woke up at 4 this morning and hardly got back to sleep. Not sure why, am not conscious of being anxious about anything, but my sleep has been a bit disturbed recently.

Have a fab day all. x
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Welcome to Pinkpetal.

Indie that's quite an itinerary you have going there. All very positive. :D. Yes I fancy La La Land. Doubt if I will manage it this week. Dad's funeral this Friday and still pretty busy here, maybe next week. DS2 and girlfriend loved it.

Well a bit of a mixed week last week but generally ok. Sleep levels are improving and I have lost 1lb. Nasty IBS flare up which was very draining but hopefully I think things are settling again. Mixture of stress and cashew nuts.

I am quietly dreading the funeral. I'll be glad when it's all over.. The solicitor can do his thing and life can get back to normal. I'm sure I will feel better when it's all behind me.

The boys have nearly finished laying boards In the loft so I spent most of yesterday happily boxing up stuff ready to go up there out of the way. My bedroom feels and looks much better.

Physio today, so need to get a wiggle on.

This week I want to try and up my step count.

So my mantra this week is "move more".

Have a good week and keeeeeep fabbing.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm sure you're right and it'll be easier for you after Friday LL. Just keep looking after yourself and you'll go from strength to strength.:)

I prefer the Picture House too indie. Our local one is great and a good experience going there. I'm undecided about La La Land. I'll be pleased to hear your feedback.

My eyes have been puffy and a bit sore yesterday and today. I think it's a mixture of reasons so today I'm upping the water ( already managed 1.5 litres) and I've done the facial massage. It's bitterly cold here so I've no plans to go out at all.:o
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 January 2017 at 12:57PM
    Morning well almost reached my step goal for the day just need to not be a lazy mare and think I can sit on my arris for the rest of the day. If anyone wants motivation to try and move more can I suggest Lesley Sansone? She does indoor walks some as little as 15mins which is 1mile or approx 2k steps. You can follow her for a good workout or just walk if some of the routine is a bit challenging. It's good for cold wet days.
    Indie with your Fitbit have you thought of joining one of the challenges against friends. I find it motivates me a bit more than usual xx
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Ladies,

I went for an Indian/Nepalese meal with my daughter yesterday evening. I wore perfume with the matching body powder but no make up, because it would have made me look over dressed. ;)

I wore a red sleeveless top, my black Kaleidoscope cardigan and a black panelled pull on skirt with my black furry hat, black leather gloves, black scarf and black leather ankle boots. I was carrying my black leather Osprey handbag with silver fittings.

We had a 2 course meal (starter and main) with our 1st drink as a Groupon deal I bought in December 2016. It was a very enjoyable meal apart from the fact that I found the restaurant too cold. :(

It was really cold on our way to the restaurant, but much colder on the way home. We can not let winter weather stop us from enjoying ourselves though. It is lovely to come home to our warm home at the end of the evening. :)

One of my nephews is getting married on the 11th February, so I am making a bit more effort to get my skin, nail and hair looking at their best. My hair is too short and too thin to ever look at really good again, so I usually wear a wig when I am not going to work and I will wear my wig to the wedding, but I will still work on my hair over the next 3 weeks. I am looking forward to the wedding even though it will most probably be really cold. I will have to wait until nearer the date to choose a suitable outfit. :)
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2017 at 12:50AM
    A busy week, have been working so much but life is getting a better balance and no more late eating at night. I think that alone makes a difference as eating late out of desperation to get in sufficient calories seems to make me feel worse. Eating earlier and often seems to control the tiredness, metabolism and weight.

today was a make up free day but sometimes the skin needs to breathe in my opinion. I have to admit the shampoo John Freda I swapped to is not great the hair has one great day, a ok day and thereafter not great days. I have to use it up but the ogx shampoo is much better.

I have been upping my game with skin care and makeup, it makes me wake up in the morning and I find it soothing preparing my face for the day ahead, especially as there is no point looking at the news. I have upped my game with clothes for work and will pull out more nice outfits for the week ahead. Impressions count and remain. I have a knew items that are too long and it would be worth getting them adjusted.

I have not commenced the exercise part of fabing nor the really healthy eating bit, my take away consumption has reduced but I generally eat ok. I really need to motivate myself to exercise and scedule it into the lifestyle. I have changed from site specific employment to traveling more it is a new lifestyle. I have to avoid temptations and be disciplined while out and about.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    I went to Karaoke last night and had a really good evening out. :)

I made an effort and wore w winter white thick cotton and linen mix skirt with an integral navy rope belt and cut out sections embroidered around the edges with navy thread. I wore a wrap over effect navy blue short sleeve top with a bolero style Kaleidoscope navy cardigan which has lots of navy beading on it. I wore my navy blue Van dal slingback shoe out of vanity even though it was a cold evening. I wore my black leather gloves and long jacket, black scarf and my black fur trimmed hat.

I wore perfume and layered it with the matching body lotion. I wore navy blue eye shadow and black mascara and clear, shiny lip gloss.

I sang 5 songs: :)

1. Return to Sender - Elvis

2. It's Now or Never - Elvis

3. Fever - Peggy Lee

4. All Around the World - Lisa Stansfield

5. Hurt So Good - Susan Cadogan

I intend to try to sing at least one new song each week when I go to Karaoke, as I am tired of singing the small selection of songs I have been singing for years.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's been a quiet one for me this week but I've actually knocked a couple of things off my "list" as I feel like these aren't going to slip:

1. WeightWatchers "blue dot" - on the app if you track your points and stay within a certain range (27-37 in my case, my daily allowance is set at 30) then you get a blue dot against that day in the calendar. So far I have one for every day in January and it's very satisfying to look at. :cool:

2. Going to the gym. This is back in my life now, end of. I'll confess that I didn't make it this morning; traffic was really bad and I opted to run a couple of errands before my Chiro appointment figuring I could do the workout with our weights at home. The chiro told me not to work out today though so I'll catch up on Friday.

Picked my new shoes up from the delivery office today and I like them. I'm thinking black tights and one of my new dresses which are these:

YM091_Navy_1?$large$
    I_5052011119276_50_20160714?size=450,600&wid=450&hei=600&qlt=80&op_sharpen=1&ResMode=sharp2&pscan=4

I have to confess I think they look better on me as I'm way curvier than the model but I'll definitely put on some shapewear. :rotfl: I might take a cardigan but I'll probably wear my black leather jacket. My other options are a tan leather jacket and a black/stone mac. I'll also take my work boots as a plan B on the shoe front because they'll still look smart but I know they're comfortable if I get fed up of the shoes. I'm not really used to walking in high heels.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I think the bottom dress would look fab with the black jacket, opaques & smart shoes or boots, the top one would look good with the tan jacket, where are the dresses from?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills