Back in debt but not out

Comments

• Site news: company may be pulling off site next Tuesday, so I 'may' be out of a job sooner than I thought.

No contract came through today, will leave it til tomorrow and then will ring the bloke.

NSD so up to 5 now :)
  • It's good to read back, to either kick yourself up the bum or to see how far you've come and things have changed. Always use it as a positive.

I hope the contract comes through and the current job hangs on a bit longer!

Well done on the NSDs.

H x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Ok I won't be popular for saying this, but life happens whether you have a plan or not. You might see it that you are failing but sometimes life is just darned hard. And the fact you keep trying IS a big deal.

I feel it myself at times. I try so hard to move forwards and then things like today happen, an emergency repair which will come from where? I am trying to get to the point of having emergency funds for the business but I'm not there yet. And so I feel down and despondent. But is it my fault the equipment broke down? No. And I will keep trying to get where I'm going. Be kind to yourself if you can. God loves a Trier.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    Ok I won't be popular for saying this, but life happens whether you have a plan or not. You might see it that you are failing but sometimes life is just darned hard. And the fact you keep trying IS a big deal.

I feel it myself at times. I try so hard to move forwards and then things like today happen, an emergency repair which will come from where? I am trying to get to the point of having emergency funds for the business but I'm not there yet. And so I feel down and despondent. But is it my fault the equipment broke down? No. And I will keep trying to get where I'm going. Be kind to yourself if you can. God loves a Trier.

Thank you xx
  • It's good to read back, to either kick yourself up the bum or to see how far you've come and things have changed. Always use it as a positive.

I hope the contract comes through and the current job hangs on a bit longer!

Well done on the NSDs.

H x

Thank you xx
  • Bobarella wrote: »

I get this completely, but without some kind of plan, it's very hard to move forward. When life throws !!!! at you, you can alter or change it entirely, but if you don't have some kind of road map you'll wind up going around in circles, as I have done for the last 20 years...
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Been catching up with your diary and I'm up to date now!

Congratulations on the new job, looks like it's come at the right time :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Thanks for all your advice last night, really appreciated.

I do need a long term plan and I need to think of a way forward, I'll think about this today.

Should be a NSD today and I'm taking my lunch with me to work.

Keeping everything crossed that my offer comes through today, if there is someone watching over me, please let it come today or I'll have to chase.

Dinner is in the oven on a timer, ready for tonight. Pork and apple casserole made with the pork fillet that was lurking at the bottom of the freezer.
  • Everything crossed for you x
  • Quick update :)

Spoke to my contact and my offer is currently with HR, he has chased the director and will email me once it has gone out.

I explained that I need to give a weeks notice where I am and he said no problem just not to do anything until I have received the email confirming the offer has gone out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure