Just another DFW diary

I've sent my DMP forms off today. This is my second attemp. Ah well, worse things happen in life, right?

Comments

• Good luck with your debt free journey. We're all on the same bus lol
    12/04/2019
    Savings £134 nothing changed here
    Credit Score 134/700 - Jan. 171/700 - Feb. 151/700 - Mar.
  • Jacobs
    Jacobs Posts: 54 Forumite
    The morning after the night before. Lol.
    Well it's done now. I've applied for my DMP starting off at £33 per month. I realise now that I should have done this sooner , but hey, at least it's done now.

I remember when I set up my first attempt at a DMP I got a text message confirming when it was set up. I remember at the time feeling sick looking at that text message feeling that I was a failure. I won't feel that way this time. In fact I look forward to getting that text.

I also look forward to the phone calls stopping lol as they are coming thick and fast (I know it's no more than I deserve)

So here I go. Buckle in and knuckle down.

I'll set up a signature later so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as it were, but for now I'll just sign off as:

Jacobs - with an estimated 24 payments to make
  • Jacobs
    One of the cc companies just rang. I saw their name flash up but didn't answer it. I should do really. As I recall, when you mention the proposed DMP and give your reference number they're as nice as pie and it stops the calls. I'll answer them tomorrow.
  • Jacobs
    It's been a little while since I posted.
    I'm still not feeling settled yet. I think i will when my plan is set up. I had an email from sc this week asking me to resend my forms so hopefully it will be ok soon.
    For now I am not opening my posted or answering the phone. It's no way to be.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Stick with it Jacobs. It will be a relief when it settles down, especially when the phone calls stop.

The DMP support thread is a good place to head too.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Ah Jacobs, big hugs. I remember it so well - avoiding the phone calls and dreading the sound of the mail falling on the mat. Give it a bit of time and it'll all settle down.

Stick with it, your moving in the right direction.
    12/04/2019
    Savings £134 nothing changed here
    Credit Score 134/700 - Jan. 171/700 - Feb. 151/700 - Mar.
  • Jacobs
    My partner, V, knows all about my money problems now. It came out in the week when they asked if everything was OK. I guess all the mail being stacked up on the side unopened was a giveaway! I don't know if any of it got opened as part of the truth hunting - but I can't be angry about that. To be honest it was a relief to be honest about the situation.
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Jacobs wrote: »
    My partner, V, knows all about my money problems now. It came out in the week when they asked if everything was OK. I guess all the mail being stacked up on the side unopened was a giveaway! I don't know if any of it got opened as part of the truth hunting - but I can't be angry about that. To be honest it was a relief to be honest about the situation.

Hi Jacobs

Just checking in to see how things are going ?

Did you start the DMP, make it to GA, don't try to do this on your own, it's too big.
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Jacobs
    It's been ages since I posted anything and things are improving. The dmp is set up. The first payment made and distributed. Things are going the right way. Here I am for two years. Feeling happy.
  • Jacobs
    Wow it has been a long time again! I had originally thought I would post every week!!

Well life is great, even though the sun isn't shining. Made my last payment and feeling proud and happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure