PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• My niece works in a charity shop and today she brought home 3 x 3 metres of dress fabric and a few metres of suit fabric. The whole lot cost £4....I was chuffed.

I asked her to get me some sheets so I could try out some items I need to make for a wedding... will have to get some next time
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Wowsers, I have looked up my Corelle mugs on the internet - they are Corelle Hearthstone Stoneware and the only site that I could find that has this particular brand is on Ebay in the USA. Each mug is £4.90 which is the UK equivalent (price is neatly listed in dollars and in sterling) plus there would be an $17.25 shipping charge on top of that.

My mugs are a true bargain. :j
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Horace wrote: »
    Wowsers, I have looked up my Corelle mugs on the internet - they are Corelle Hearthstone Stoneware and the only site that I could find that has this particular brand is on Ebay in the USA. Each mug is £4.90 which is the UK equivalent (price is neatly listed in dollars and in sterling) plus there would be an $17.25 shipping charge on top of that.

My mugs are a true bargain. :j
    To me, the brand new price is expensive, so I have to agree with you about the bargain factor. They are pretty much indestructible. ;)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Had a few minutes to spare this morning before an appointment and there just happened to be a cs near where I was going so popped in, just to browse, you understand...I came out with a khaki and cream heavy cable-knit long line sweater with cowl neck, just right for the cold weather, bnwt for £2.99. Looked it up on the retailers site, it was £45 in the shop :)
  • Found in a thrift store and now have a very happy son. One Hudson Bay point blanket men's coat for $190. Now I know you all are going is she nuts? They cost $950 new. The one I found has a twin on ebay listed at $499.

It's in the cleaners and the cleaner is planning on working on it when it's warmer. He figures it's about 40 years old. He wants to make a new lining for it and trim the cuffs in navy leather to prevent the worn bit from tearing. According to him, it will then still be wearable when my son's grandchildren want it.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z0gi5FB9xtI/Ts26Hnn8E2I/AAAAAAAACmw/uBQSaZID1HI/s1600/il_570xN.215360934.jpg
    Very similar to the one we found:
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Wondercollie - do post a picture after the cleaner has worked his magic. Trimming the cuffs in leather is such a good idea.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ihaven't been out to the charity shops since November but went out today and got two brand new items for my hols- a M&S Autograph white short sleeve T-shirt (very flattering) and a brand new body hugging black/white leopardskin dress. Miaow...

The two together were £6 which is less than I paid for a glass of wine when meeting a friend at lunch time!!!
  • Beenie wrote: »
    Ihaven't been out to the charity shops since November but went out today and got two brand new items for my hols- a M&S Autograph white short sleeve T-shirt (very flattering) and a brand new body hugging black/white leopardskin dress. Miaow...

The two together were £6 which is less than I paid for a glass of wine when meeting a friend at lunch time!!!

I like the sound of your leopard skin dress. Do you mind me asking what make it is? X
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The label was cut out.

Washing instructions left in the side seam but no details of the brand. Sorry :o
  • I got a lovely chunky knit cardigan today (together make ) selling for £45 currently I paid £1 in local hospice shop bargain
    Debt free since September 2018 :j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport