LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a good week Brizzle :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Exercise not great - have hurt my heel and worried about making it worse, so sticking with walking and have managed quite well at that. Even 2 just for walks - walks this week (rather than to get somewhere walks, iyswim)

Have spoken to DH about going to see a PT even for a couple of months, just so I can get over the hurdle, plus I'm not great exercising in the winter. Hope it might keep me focused. Will keep you posted.

Well done on getting back on the horse (or spin bike) ;)

Beanie raspberry gin - now we're talking! I can bring some blackberry liqueur to the party too :D
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I *may* have made 4.5litres of blackberry liqueur last week...... Can also add 2 bottles of raspberry vodka, damson gin, raspberry gin, sloe gin and quince liqueur, marshmallow vodka and caramel vodka to the party..... (and around 3 dozen bottles of red, 1/2 dozen of rose and 1/2 dozen prosecco..... also sat in garage) hic! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    OMG.. girl after my own heart. Sloes currently in my freezer waiting to be made into delectable gin...

Am thinking of making bottles of liqueur for everyone we know for Christmas. Easy and we can just batch up the stuff at a pace!

Good job you're only in Glorious Gloucestershire ;) :rotfl:

See what you've started beanie!! :D
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry to hear about the injury PF.. maybe a PT will also help you pace yourself? Encourage but not overdo it as it were?

Had planned to exercise again on Wednesday but think I have a parents evening instead. Maybe will cycle to school - better than nothing.
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    All this talk of booze:( I have had 2 glasses of vino/bubbles since April............... :(
    even worse .....actually think it might be feb....
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I am the raspberry beanie :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    :kiss:

So..scores on the doors time as Caz would say.

We missed our main 'spare/savings' target. Was back to around 20% which of course means that the tax fund/last CC targets are not as good as they could be. At least we are spending less than we have which is great in one way, but we will not get shot of the debt and build the funds we need to if we don't keep on trying and improving our behaviours towards spends.

Income went up. That's the thing. I am earning more and OH is on OT a lot. It all helps (hugely) but it can't be the sole answer..see comments above. Spends on groceries and alcohol bust their targets, albeit that August was a very frugal month. I also spent quite a bit on new work and casual clothes, and paid another instalment of an school (but overseas) trip.

So this month need to focus hard on keeping discretionary spends to a minimum and continuing to meal plan. OH is threatening to clear the loft which would probably produce some EBay items, but it's also a daunting, several day task which I am not sure we are currently up to energy wise. Will ponder.

Seeing friends this eve which will be lovely and then starting the university open day rounds. Looking forward to this next adventure :)
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Updating my sig. Made my target on AFDs. First time ever?? :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I think you are doing just great.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback