Options

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    I think it`s hour`s of sunshine :cool:
    Could equally be that inverter woke up at 07:12 ?
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing to write home about today. :D

Ended the day with a 1.9107143276189 :cool:

Had a call from MI9 this morning about my slip up. I could be going away for a long time. :eek:
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Nothing to write home about today. :D
    Ended the day with a 1.9107143276189 :cool:
    Had a call from MI9 this morning about my slip up. I could be going away for a long time. :eek:
    Would that be Costa Del Sol or Costa Brava?..:D..;)
    With only 1.08 O's today, could you take my panels with yah..:beer:..coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    1.87 O's today, rather dull!
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    I had a fault with my system; it kept tripping out the RCD of the 13 amp side of the fuse board (cos the Inverter was wired on that side) I had it removed from the RCD side and wired into the main fuse board; that cured it from tripping out the Fridge, Freezers and other 13 amp sockets in the house. When it rains or in damp condition the Inverter 'Riso' reading is often less than 20.0MΩ, and the 'Ileak' is greater than 0mA. The next day the readings are as normal i.e. Riso 20.0MΩ; Ileak 0mA. So, my advice would be to ignore it, until, it does not correct itself; then you have a problem. I am not an electrician, just quoting from personal experience.
    Not a bad day today, 3.16 O's...:)..coffee.gif
    Edit: If the item is still within warranty; you could speak with the installer and see what they have to say. ;)
    Thanks for your reply, Oscar. I shall follow your advice, which fits my inclination. As for being under guarantee....The system is over five years old, and the firm that installed it no longer deals in solar. I had a more persistent fault three years ago, and they honoured their commitment by putting up scaffolding and sending a chap from another firm to diagnose and correct (it took him five minutes, plus climbing time). The original firm then asked ME to certify that the fault had been dealt with. I said that was THEIR responsibility, and we argued for a year (while they left the scaffolding in place!) So I don't particularly want to invoke any guarantee that might be remaining!
    Isn't life fun!
    OG
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2017 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Nice to see that others have had their silver spoons out for Hawaiis. Today was horrible, but yesterday was good (3.5 Os), and would have been better if there hadn't been a good old fog in the Channel which rolled up our hill until 11ish.

As for Merlin, I think he colour-codes his scores - black for kW/h and red for Os.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pretty dull old day here today = 1.575 O's:D

Past Jan total too:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • rugbyleaguesmate
    Options
    0.8 o's oh what a difference a day makes.....
    6.72kw Pv Ja Solar 280w * 24 panels, Solar Edge inverter, South facing no shading.
    South Lake District, delightful view of Morecambe Bay. Not Saving up for a battery too expensive:j:mad::hello:

July Solar target 769kw
  • reloaded25
    reloaded25 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody give me an indication of what a 16kw system now costs?
    16 x 250w mono 803 Eternity Panels, Aurora 3.6 inverter, owl intuition pv monitoring facing due south in sunny Norfolk.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    reloaded25 wrote: »
    Can anybody give me an indication of what a 16kw system now costs?

16kWp or 16 panel?

With some on here getting interesting prices as they went bigger and bigger, I'd take a complete guess at about £12k-£14k? Is the location on a 3 phase supply?
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback