ESA Support group in for a ROUGH Ride in 2017 (Support group to be CRUSHED!)

13»

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Bogalot wrote: »
    Are the DVLA aware that your partner is acutely delusional? :eek:

Yes. He was on a restricted licence for a few years but he has been taken off it. His psychiatrist wrote to them and confirmed he's okay. He doesn't hear voices or hallucinate- his delusions are fairly minor, just odd ideas about things. He's a very safe driver and his concentration is fine.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Yes. He was on a restricted licence for a few years but he has been taken off it. His psychiatrist wrote to them and confirmed he's okay. He doesn't hear voices or hallucinate- his delusions are fairly minor, just odd ideas about things. He's a very safe driver and his concentration is fine.

So to claim DLA he is acutely delusional, in order to drive he just has odd ideas about things. Am I reading this correctly?
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    So to claim DLA he is acutely delusional, in order to drive he just has odd ideas about things. Am I reading this correctly?

I have odd ideas about lots of things.:o
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    No he has a diagnosis of psychosis and delusional disorder with anxiety and depression which is what his DLA was awarded on the grounds of. Last time he saw the doctor he said he had been stabbed by one of the special forces patrolling his workplace who were trying to steal his kidneys. That's the sort of ideas he has but you know what it's never affected his driving and his psychiatrist, i.e. A medical professional, agreed. He gets DLA for things like the fact he can't deal with his own affairs, he can't use the phone- he believes that the radio waves coming from the phone interfere with his brain !!!!!!. Go ahead and take the !!!! if you want to- all I'm saying is that it isn't funny and it's not nice to watch.
    I don't have to justify anything to anyone on here as delusions take different forms and just because you are delusional doesn't mean that you're hearing voices etc. That can be the case but there are many different presentations of psychosis. If any of you are mental health professionals please feel free to challenge what I've said (I would be interested to hear it as I worked in the field for eight years) but if not then it's none of your business.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Emmsmi
    Emmsmi Posts: 1 Newbie
    What utter misleading and ridiculous rubbish! Quite selfish of you to post it actually considering most people who really rely on their income these days - when it's from benefit or not, really fear the Tories! If you'd have done more research and had a bit more thought, then you'd have understood that half these so called 'plans' and measured either don't work out or are too expensive to implement - as in the case of the silly bedroom tax! Or it's just a way of fixing mistakes in the agencies involved, which unfortunately are mostly due to human error, because unfortunately the government never has nor never will employ someone with some intelligence, initiative, tact or organisation - if you had any of those you just wouldn't go working for them anyway incidentally. So as with the problems around the PIP award, and seriously disabled failing the waste of time 'work assessments', if they contested the decision it was almost always quickly overturned. It will be the same in this case entirely. But it's just a shame people have to be worried and inconvenienced just to 'save' a few ££. But then this is just a tory's way.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Emmsmi wrote: »
    What utter misleading and ridiculous rubbish!

Quite selfish of you to post it actually considering most people who really rely on their income these days - when it's from benefit or not, really fear the Tories!

It would have been best to let the thread disappear - the previous post was 2016! - than revive as you've done. :(
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Emmsmi wrote: »
    What utter misleading and ridiculous rubbish! Quite selfish of you to post it actually considering most people who really rely on their income these days - when it's from benefit or not, really fear the Tories! If you'd have done more research and had a bit more thought, then you'd have understood that half these so called 'plans' and measured either don't work out or are too expensive to implement - as in the case of the silly bedroom tax! Or it's just a way of fixing mistakes in the agencies involved, which unfortunately are mostly due to human error, because unfortunately the government never has nor never will employ someone with some intelligence, initiative, tact or organisation - if you had any of those you just wouldn't go working for them anyway incidentally. So as with the problems around the PIP award, and seriously disabled failing the waste of time 'work assessments', if they contested the decision it was almost always quickly overturned. It will be the same in this case entirely. But it's just a shame people have to be worried and inconvenienced just to 'save' a few ££. But then this is just a tory's way.
    Now who's the selfish one? Bringing up a post that is 1.5 years old?? You must have really searched the forums to find this! LOL
  • matrix11001
    matrix11001 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ames wrote: »
    It's from Benefits and Work. Their scaremongering has been going on for years and is disgraceful.

Where have you been the last few years under Tory rule? They are happy enough to exterminate the poor, vulnerable and disabled.

Taking away £30 a week from the disabled in the WRAG group is disgusting, the biased and humiliating assessments are disgusting. They don't care about the disabled - all they care about is how much they can back pocket - reducing disabled benefits helps them to do this - less disabled - more they can give to companies they invest in.

I wouldn't put it past the Tories to abolish both the WRAG and Support group given the opportunity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure