Keighley Trade Centre

Hi all,

Does anyone have any direct experience of Keighley Trade Centre in West Yorkshire?

I tend to browse Auto Trader during my lunch break and notice they seem to have some decent prices on their cars... However, when I've searched the web for feedback I've found largeley negative comments about them which is obviously a concern.

I'm wondering if this is just a case of people only posting about their bad encounters or is it a case of there really being nothing good to say about them?

In a couple of months I'll be on the lookout for a new car and obviously no one wants to buy a used car from a dodgy dealer [and in no way am I suggesting KTC are], so I'd appreciate to hear any ones comments who has bought from there!

Cheers

Comments

• blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    I've personally never used them but a very good friend of mine was looking for a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo not too long ago and the feedback he got through ownrs groups on them was not positive at all. I would workon the basis of there must be a reason behind the bad feedbak and seein as there are many may more oth dealers out there i'd give them a wide berth.
  • Hmmmm - cheap for a reason then!
  • Their name comes up quite a bit on a Forum I frequent - 2 Words "Barge Pole".

How they are still in business after some of the things I've read I'll never know - People not doing their homework or drawn in by the cheap prices I guess.

The cars are cheap for a reason....
  • Oh God, just do a Google about them. They buy cheap shiiit, roll it in glitter, and sell it on.

Steer well clear.
  • I've been to see a few cars there over the years because as you've discerened they do seem to be value for money. However in the flesh they've never lived up to expectations from the advert.

Always struck me as somewhat of a cowboy outfit, if you have a look through their stock list you can draw your own stereotypes.

If your from yorkshire i'd bear two sayings in mind:
    You don't get owt for nowt
    +
    You can't polish a turd, although it would appear you can photoshop it.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    robocop79 wrote: »

I'm wondering if this is just a case of people only posting about their bad encounters

This the problem with all reviews, you get the vociferous minority who will damn a product or company for the smallest of reasons. You aslo have to accept that folk are more likely to post a bad review than a good one.

So you really have to put any review into some sort of context ie against the company/products peers.

I base a lot of my descisions on reviews and try to read between the lines and find ones that are balanced..........can be tricky though.
  • Hintza wrote: »
    This the problem with all reviews, you get the vociferous minority who will damn a product or company for the smallest of reasons. You aslo have to accept that folk are more likely to post a bad review than a good one.

So you really have to put any review into some sort of context ie against the company/products peers.

I base a lot of my descisions on reviews and try to read between the lines and find ones that are balanced..........can be tricky though.

While I agree with the point you are trying to get across, with some companies you should stay well clear.

Quotes from some reviews (of which there are many!!)

"Went to buy a car and was told I had to buy it to test drive it..."

"my mate paid £12000 for a "mint" evo 6. a few years back, one of the more silly defects found when it went to scoobyclinic was an indicator being held in with an elastic band. one of the more serious was a bent chassis!"

"not sure what its like now but went over a couple of years ago saw two cars on forecourt with same number plate on"

"got a supra and had nothing but trouble with it, spent almost 4 months in a garage getting rebuilt before it actually ran right, it was a mess of bodges etc and they got nothing but abuse when they tried to use the 'warranty' KTC gave them"
  • Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I agree, every retailer gets some bad publicity and unhappy customers... and most people are far likely to complain rather than praise! However with this place they do seem to have a few too many horror stories for my liking.

Cheers :)
  • andy111
    andy111 Posts: 181
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This lot should be on stage judging by their oneliners.
    From the Supra Owners site;

Well I was in desperate need of a good laugh so I decided to take a trip down to see the good old folks at KTC.

By far the funniest car there was this dodge viper.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...00812306151019

The problems and KTC's excuses were hilarious to say the least, now where do I start.

Me: The paint work is scratched, dented and very very poor
    KTC: Most of it will buff out

Me: I can fit my whole hand in between the bonnet and headlight
    KTC: The last owner did that to aid cooling

Me: This headlight (the other one) is loose and wobbles
    KTC: It's just a broken clip, £2 to fix

Me: The bumper doesn't line up to the bonnet
    KTC: Probably just a broken clip again, cheap fix

Me: The door card is falling off.
    KTC: we fixed the window and haven't got round to putting it back on properly

Me: Parts of the steering wheel are peeling and falling off.
    KTC: it's expected when the car has been kept in hot conditions

To be honest I didn't even bother looking under the bonnet, this thing had blatantly been in a front end smash and not repaired properly.

So remember, if your ever feeling down just grab a buddy and take a trip down to KTC.
  • michaelro wrote: »
    How they are still in business after some of the things I've read I'll never know -

Because the reason they exist is not to sell cars, but a front for something else. Same reason there are about 50 Accident Management companies in Keighley, no small town can be that accident prone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure