PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• Cleared
    56 57. 2 pillows replaced
    58. Shower gel (from stash)
    59 63. TOILTERIES from stash ( it is a big stash, can't help a bargain when they are on sale)
    64. Paper cases holder
    65 72. Food to food bank of what we won't use
    73. Highlighter finished
    74. Dishwasher tablets (replaced from stash from the summer of Tesco free cinema tickets when you buy certain detol, fairy, dettox products)
    75. 76 2 small Yankee candle tea lights from advent calendar used up

Over breakfast today have written 4 lists

1. tidying to be done in each room
    2. Weight loss exercise
    3. Paperwork, tasks
    4. Things to chase up or to be done that is not tidying

Feel better already with it written down

Have a good weekend
  • Decided before lunch to sort drawer under bed which has birthday cards, bags paper etc.

76. Wrappers
    77. 2 balloons
    78. Squashed gift bag now no use
    79. Glow stick
    80. Bubble wrap
    81. 82 Birthday cards I won't use.
    83. Old address book
    84. Supplement to newspaper (why in there not sure)
    85. Birthday card written to friend for next week

Drawer all neat and tidy, found 4 part used rolls of sellotape I didn't know I had, 3 Pairs of scissors, one bAg of balloons, banners etc to loft to sort later.
    I have 33 birthday, anniversary, blank cards etc to still use. M&S selling them off at 19p or 9p each, and clintons 3 for £1 any cards in store last year.
    5 rolls of wrapping paper. And 4 gift bags left
    But at least they are all organised neatly now
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    4 draws and a cupboard done today. So today I have filled up a waste paper bin and donated a mountain of odd cutlery. I have a bread knife with no handle to get rid of but not sure what to do with it. Also donated a mountain of odd mismatched cutlery. Also 1 pot of face cream used up to be replaced with another from the stash when I can get to it.
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    I've given away unopened gift sets which I know I'm not going to use to family members today. Also lots of books to my aunt.

I still have chocolates and an hamper left over from Christmas so sorted all of those plus have given some items away.
  • Used up a cake in a mug kit I got for Christmas.

Tasted vile. I only ate half of it then the other half went in the bin.

I have been using the mug for coffees since Christmas as it's a really big mug but the heat of the water used has cracked it on the inside so the mug will end up in the bin too i think.
  • eandjsmum wrote: »
    4 draws and a cupboard done today. So today I have filled up a waste paper bin and donated a mountain of odd cutlery. I have a bread knife with no handle to get rid of but not sure what to do with it. Also donated a mountain of odd mismatched cutlery

OH noticed cutlery was missing and demanded it be returned.:mad:

Furious.
    So started again and removed some other cutlery- WILL NOT put it back this time. We do not need that much!.

Also found a picture to donate to a cs and some stamp albums to get rid of.

Have found a fav jumper with a hole in and a blouse with covered buttons which have worn. So will replace buttons when I can and darn jumper- til I can replace it with another I like.

I have also asked OH to see if he can repair recold player. If not that will be dumped then I will have to see what I can do with 2 boxes of vinyl LPs .
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,188
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The cutlery saga made me chuckle as when i get a new set , the old incomplete one goes in a tub with the others. The tub slots nicely in the length of another drawer in a spare gap. I actually have a favourite fork that lives in the tub. Ironically we do use them e.g. picnics etc because if these went missing/got lost there is no stress as they were the old ones anyway.

I have been happily going through boxes and drawers and knowing that once i have done my weekly minutes feel i have down something to tackle the mountain! I think when I add up the time and look at the house I can see the impact. Even when i go in a drawer the clutter is shifting so i can actually find what i was looking for!

Great to see everyone's progress and i hope you are getting the same buzz that i have. For those off to a slow start, keep going as the baby steps still add up in the long run.
    Go get it!
  • Have sorted out the top of my desk(did the drawers the other week).

Have a trinket tray thing to sell and also a double star sign necklace that I bought and have never worn.

Gave everything a wipe down too. Amazing how much dust can actually collect :o
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another box out of the attic - all sorted - a couple of things will go on Ebay. The rest out of the house:

347 – Pair of walking sticks – freegled
    348 – Purfume Ebay
    349 – Picture Ebay
    350 – Tank thing Ebay
    351 – Weather thing Ebay
    352 – umbrella CS
    353 – Crossword book - Mum
    354 – Purse CS
    355 – Epilator CS
    356 – Nail clippers CS
    357 – Nail varnish CS
    358 – Flannel cake CS
    359 – pot pourri CS
    361 – 2 bags CS
    362 – Tee shirt CS
    362 – poetry book CS
    363 - smelly candle

From the attic now put to use:
    8 candles
    Address book
    Peeler
    Tee shirt
    Shopping bag
    Still a tonne of things in the attic but it's moving.

• kscour
    kscour Posts: 665
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    228 - 316) books/dvds etc boxed up ready to be sent to zapper/ziffit/musicmagpie/webuy books
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure