No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• maddiemay wrote: »
    Oh evilsquid what a nightmare you have had to go through, it is so unfair of families to dictate their wants above yours, but well done for sticking out for what you really want, I am sure that you will look and feel fantastic and have a lovely day.

sorry that both you and Gemma are suffering with skin problems, cannot offer any help, except to say be very kind and gentle with your cleansing etc, no harsh products. The stress that you have both had to go through recently cannot have helped either. My all time skin guru Caroline Hirons aka beauty mouth blog has some cheat sheets of acne and breakouts, might be worth a read. When I get bad allergic reactions on my face I always revert for a while to La Roche Posay Serozinc spray as a toner (gleaned from La Hirons LOL) also one of their gentle cleansers (just been and checked it is LRP Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser) A whopping great daily dose of good quality fish oil ought to help too:D

This is great advice (I too adore Caroline!)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    EvilSquid - glad you found something that you want to wear for your wedding. Its your choice what you wear no one else's
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have been very good this weekend, went to town yesterday to get my brows done and didn't buy anything other than vitamins and food (no clothes, make up or toiletries bought). I did need some more eye cream, but they were out in Debenhams but the lovely lady gave me some in a sample pot to last me till next week.

Any beauty products I need over the next month or so I should be able to get with vouchers and points and therefore not spend any of my own money, which is a good thing. Part way through the Christmas presnet shopping and hoping to get a few extra boots points with what I have left to buy, which I can then use to buy some necessities when needed.

Have painted my nails today in OPI Dark side of the mood, with shine on me on ring fingers, will hopefully get some of my older mini's uu before I open my OPI mini Mani month.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    I have been very good this weekend, went to town yesterday to get my brows done and didn't buy anything other than vitamins and food (no clothes, make up or toiletries bought). I did need some more eye cream, but they were out in Debenhams but the lovely lady gave me some in a sample pot to last me till next week.

Any beauty products I need over the next month or so I should be able to get with vouchers and points and therefore not spend any of my own money, which is a good thing. Part way through the Christmas presnet shopping and hoping to get a few extra boots points with what I have left to buy, which I can then use to buy some necessities when needed.

Have painted my nails today in OPI Dark side of the mood, with shine on me on ring fingers, will hopefully get some of my older mini's uu before I open my OPI mini Mani month.

Your nail combo sounds fab. I own Dark Side as I hoped it would be a dupe for Break a Leg warmer. Have repainted mine and (spookily) am wearing OPI Liv in the Gray which is another dupe contender. Have looked at both polishes side by side and they are not too dissimilar so my quest could be over!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    I have one UU from today:

Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub 50ml - This was really good as it was scrubby enough without making my skin feel irritated. I liked the scent as well. It also lasted a long time as I had this on holiday for a week and still had plenty left at the end. WDBA. I will replace this with an M&S one from the stash. I tried out a H+M one today and I didn't think it was great so I'll save that to use up later.

This week I'm hoping to use up two things - the last of a Garnier 7 Days body lotion and the rest of my Lush toner (but it does last a while!). I have 3 INs today - one was a TBS hand cream (reduced to £2.50) and then a mini seaweed cleanser and mini tea tree toner to try out. The store was very tempting but I've resisted (mostly) for now. They had some good deals in The Body Shop so I recommend it to anyone wishing to buy some stocking fillers and save some pennies.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Another UU - L'Occitane Immortelle cream. This was lovely. May repurchase in the future. Have taken a tube of Caudalie moisturiser out to use as night cream next.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Quick update

UUS
    6 sheet masks
    3 lush bubble bars ( 2 granny, 1 heart throb)
    3 bath bombs ( 2 so white, golden wonder)
    2 sugar scrubs
    1 body whip
    1 peel off mask
    2 bath melts

Sorted out some stuff for my baby sister so another 7 items so far to go.

IN's
    Gillette shaving foam.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh yeah, 4 INs: 4 x Creighton's conditioner (same as last time)!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• One and a half UUs
    Lush French kiss bubble bar
    Half a comforter bubble bar
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    One and a half UUs
    Lush French kiss bubble bar
    Half a comforter bubble bar

Houseplant, what exactly is a bubble bar and are they different to bath bombs?
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure