NICS Executive Officer II (EOII) Recruitment Competition 2016

Options

Comments

• Bober88
    Bober88 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    update: I Just got an offer to start on Friday so they've started filling positions
  • pepper33
    pepper33 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Which department? Congratulations
  • Bober88
    Options
    Communities, couldn't accept though my current employer requires a months notice
  • pepper33
    Options
    Is your current employment permanent?
  • Bober88
    Options
    Yeah so I was in two minds about leaving a permanent job for more money so this made it easier there was no way I could have started that quickly
  • pepper33
    Options
    I suppose it was tempting, but there are loads of agencies supplying the civil service, and it is only temporary,but people have been there for years. And they are entitled to flexi time, annual leave and they get a tad more pay than permanent staff. So just keep on trying.
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Bober did you ask them to defer? HR Connect can be asses but they realise that notice periods have to be adhered to. Worth asking them if you haven't already declined (and maybe even if you have!).
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bober88 wrote: »
    Communities, couldn't accept though my current employer requires a months notice

ESA, PIP or mitigation?
  • Bober88
    edited 7 October 2016 at 1:43PM
    Options
    Didn't state didn't get that far when I said I couldn't accept due to notice. Got another offer but again notice was only a week. Was told they'd make a note of my notice period. It seems like the department want people to start ASAP and they're just working through the list until someone doesn't have to work notice
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bober88 wrote: »
    Didn't state didn't get that far when I said I couldn't accept due to notice. Got another offer but again notice was only a week. Was told they'd make a note of my leave period. It seems like the department want people to start ASAP and THReyre just working through the list until someone doesn't have to work notice

Yeah, they let lots of people go, now they need lots of people because they're introducing new benefits and a mitigation scheme to deal with those who lost out.

I'd go on to say what I think but..........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure