garage wont give my car back help and advice please

kaza1
kaza1 Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi guys first time using this site .my car went in for body work repair on Monday 11th it was ment to take 3 days I told them I'd pick my car up Friday 15th .my car wasn't ready .He then told me my car will be ready sat 16th buy 12 o clock .wasn't ready no sign of my car I couldn't collect Monday I told him I would collect Tuesday 4 o clock I've turned up to the garage he tells me theirs a bit of a story to it but no explain I asked where exactly is my car he replyed my mate has it I asked who and we're the f**k is my car in Pontycymer he replyed will not give me an address or contact number for this person who has my car I gave him till 12 today to have my car back.i phoned the police and said they told me it's a civil matter and to sort it with the garage I phoned this morning to find out what's going on and he's promised my car will be back for twelve bear in mind he's said that Friday Saturday Monday and Tuesday .what can I do if if it's not back .I want to no were my car is also he's already invoiced the insurance company back in January and they payed out of the person who hit me he's been paid he told me fe hasn't been paid up untill last month and my cars been left with them several times for several days and it hasn't been done .he's had it 10 days now for a two day job and I still don't no were my car is or if the works been done I'm getting worried now what can I do about it

Comments

• quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Report the car as stolen
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • megaginge
    megaginge Posts: 363 Forumite
    Don't do the above just yet. Tell them you're going to report it stolen if it's not back by the end of the day and in the state you expect it to be in.

And if you get nowhere, THEN report it stolen.

Also if it's got a bunch more miles in it IE they've obviously been using it for their own purposes... discuss accordingly ...
    Hello There. :beer:
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Just come across this post and wondering what was the outcome.
    Did you get it back? Did it become a police matter? Maybe the insurance company could have shown an interest.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Don't hold your breath, the op hasn't logged in for over a year . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure