Oven without a grill pan handle!

I recently purchased from Currys, a Belling electric double oven. On unpacking it, we found that there wasn't a handle for the grill pan. We thought this was an oversight but on reading through the instruction manual, we find that the handle is an optional extra!! Surely this is an essential item. Since when has an oven not had a grill pan handle supplied. It is dangerous to try and manoeuvre the grill pan with oven gloves. I would like to know if anybody else has experienced the same problem. Also, there is no mention on the label in the shop that you have to purchase the handle seperately!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yep, its normal on a lot of ovens.

My Neff oven doesn't have a grill handle nor do they do am optional one as far as I know.

Its just the same as taking a baking tray out of the oven though, just use oven gloves.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks for your reply. It's been a long time since I bought an oven:) Do use the oven gloves but not easy in the small space:)
  • There's universal grill pans and handles on ebay for £5 ish and upwards.
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i would prefer to use oven gloves all day long then them pan handles as they dont give to much support
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    my grill pan doesn't have a handle either, thought it very strange when i noticed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure