Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi @bxboards

I am very sorry to see that. I am sure each member of staff does take care before adding anything onto our site or when creating any post on one of our social media pages.

I will certainly pass your concerns and comments onto other departments to make sure that special care is taken when writing up text to reduce the chance of this happening.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • The_Enforcer
    The_Enforcer Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2015 at 11:21PM
    Hi,

Topcashback is offering £157 cashback and £125 Sainsburys voucher for "BT Broadband + Calls". On clicking through, the voucher for the "Unlimited Broadband + Weekend Calls 12 month contract" package is £75 rather than £125. The £125 voucher applies only to the infinity packages. Please could you confirm that the £157 cashback applies to the package
    "Unlimited Broadband + Weekend Calls 12 month contract" and if not what the correct cashback would be?

Many Thanks,
    TE

I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
  • Hi,

Topcashback is offering £157 cashback and £125 Sainsburys voucher for "BT Broadband + Calls". On clicking through, the voucher for the "Unlimited Broadband + Weekend Calls 12 month contract" package is £75 rather than £125. The £125 voucher applies only to the infinity packages. Please could you confirm that the £157 cashback applies to the package
    "Unlimited Broadband + Weekend Calls 12 month contract" and if not what the correct cashback would be?

Many Thanks,
    TE

Don't go through TCB you will most likely never see your cashback try Quidco or imutual.
    Hi @The Enforcer and @Legendkiller2k8,

@The Enforcer - Unfortunately we do not monitor our MSE thread during the weekend and so I am sorry I could only get back to you after this offer reduced slightly. If you would still like to make the purchase could you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk? I will then take this through our way of asking Pre-Purchase questions.

@legendkiller2k8 - I do understand your frustration in waiting for your outstanding cashback and as has been explained your cashback will be paid to you once we receive it. As explained previously, our site works extremely similar to any other cashback site available and the tracking and approvals go through exactly the same process as the cashback network site is the same no matter which cashback site you choose.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi @The Enforcer and @Legendkiller2k8,

@The Enforcer - Unfortunately we do not monitor our MSE thread during the weekend and so I am sorry I could only get back to you after this offer reduced slightly. If you would still like to make the purchase could you kindly send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL]? I will then take this through our way of asking Pre-Purchase questions.

@legendkiller2k8 - I do understand your frustration in waiting for your outstanding cashback and as has been explained your cashback will be paid to you once we receive it. As explained previously, our site works extremely similar to any other cashback site available and the tracking and approvals go through exactly the same process as the cashback network site is the same no matter which cashback site you choose.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Funny how TCB is the only one that doesn't seem to move from pending isn't it? Both quidco and imutual have already reached payable and that was from transaction from last month!
    Hi @legendkiller2k8,

Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to compare transactions from different sites and this is for many reasons. As cashback is paid to all cashback sites in batches even some members within the same site can get paid for sooner than others.

Some sites will indeed take the decision to make a transaction payable before they receive funds, however we believe the most honest thing to do with our members overall is pay the cashback once it is paid to us.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • Hi @legendkiller2k8,

Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to compare transactions from different sites and this is for many reasons. As cashback is paid to all cashback sites in batches even some members within the same site can get paid for sooner than others.

Some sites will indeed take the decision to make a transaction payable before they receive funds, however we believe the most honest thing to do with our members overall is pay the cashback once it is paid to us.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Shouldn't you be saying "the most honest thing for us to do is pay the cashback owed to the customer."? i'm sorry but it doesn't add up, i'm not having a go at you Matt i know you do try your best but TCB as a whole is failing it's users and it continues to allow none paying merchants on it's site.
    8 months i've now been waiting for Simply switch to move from pending it is ridicolous and bang out of order.
    Hi @legendkiller2k8,

I do understand you are frustrated and that this is caused by your cashback not reaching payable. It certainly would never be in our interest to make members wait any longer than needed for cashback to progress. We certainly don't like seeing upset and frustrated members waiting for cashback as our members are what allow our site to continue and grow which mean even better cashback deals for all of our members. However, unfortunately with the system we are part of we do have to follow the processes that are in place and in the case of your transaction we are waiting for the cashback network to get the cashback to us.

Sometimes it can take longer than we would estimate and sometimes it does unfortunately take some time. However, we do feel that this patience is rewarded when our members do get the cashback.

It is certainly worth mentioning that without cashback sites this money would not be available to members but instead would go to websites. We could have been part of that system and just earned commission and keep it for ourselves, but instead we decided to be a cashback site and pass the commission onto our members. We do pride ourselves very much on having this ethos at the heart of our company and I am really sorry for the time it is taking for us to be paid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • Hi @legendkiller2k8,

I do understand you are frustrated and that this is caused by your cashback not reaching payable. It certainly would never be in our interest to make members wait any longer than needed for cashback to progress. We certainly don't like seeing upset and frustrated members waiting for cashback as our members are what allow our site to continue and grow which mean even better cashback deals for all of our members. However, unfortunately with the system we are part of we do have to follow the processes that are in place and in the case of your transaction we are waiting for the cashback network to get the cashback to us.

Sometimes it can take longer than we would estimate and sometimes it does unfortunately take some time. However, we do feel that this patience is rewarded when our members do get the cashback.

It is certainly worth mentioning that without cashback sites this money would not be available to members but instead would go to websites. We could have been part of that system and just earned commission and keep it for ourselves, but instead we decided to be a cashback site and pass the commission onto our members. We do pride ourselves very much on having this ethos at the heart of our company and I am really sorry for the time it is taking for us to be paid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    You may remember awhile back my SKY cashback got declined and i was considering court action, well i bring good news SKY have made a offer out of court of the full cashback ammount plus compensation although i cancelled my SKY tv in retalation to them declining the cashback we had a nice long chat and agreed my service will be restored and the cashback settlement will be applied as credit to my account.
    This goes to show if you fight your ground you can take down the giants, simply switch are now next on my list before taking any action with them i am going to give them 8 more weeks to pay up if not then i'm proceeding with court action.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Been waiting 2 months for an "Esure" payment.!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback