Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 614Posts
    • 1,618Thanks
    Penitent
    What Is Irritating You III
    • 18th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    What Is Irritating You III 18th Mar 17 at 5:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm going to get told off for this since I'm not sure why the last one migrated, but...

Post your irritations!
Page 28
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 23rd Apr 17, 8:40 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    waiting for Line of Duty, hurry up time!
    Originally posted by Chris25

Nooooooooooooooooo

We missed the start so are saving it for a binge watch on iplayer
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 23rd Apr 17, 9:11 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    I have an agreement with my boyfriend that we only watch Line of Duty together.

I still haven't finished this essay so we aren't seeing each other tonight which means I won't get to watch Line of Duty until tomorrow! Gutted. Obviously, sitting writing this isn't helping the essay situation.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 23rd Apr 17, 11:30 PM
    • 6,415 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I woke this morning, neck and shoulders , wrists and knuckles and feet were pure agony. Had to take naproxen just to get out of bed

I'm allergic to the gels

Not so bad now. I've kept going. Tomorrow morning may tell a different tale. Every few months I have to go on steroids. Mega doses. I look like a hamster and eat my own body weight in food lol
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    I feel for you fellow sufferer! I was on steroids for over 15 years and they have taken their toll - initially they were a miracle but the side effects are as damaging as the illness itself.

It's taken over 2 years to withdraw all the medication I was on for Lupus/MCTD - some days I think it's a good thing, others i just don't know how to keep going. It's not the always severity of the pain - it's the relentlessness and the thought of doing it for another 10, 20 or 30 years. It's depressing and tiring!
    Last edited by OldMotherTucker; Today at 12:38 AM.
    I like when other people's sigs get removed!
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 23rd Apr 17, 11:39 PM
    • 6,415 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I feel for you fellow sufferer! I was on steroids for over 15 years and they have taken their toll - initially they were a miracle but the side effects are as damaging as the illness itself.

It's taken over 2 years to withdraw all the medication I was on for Lupus/MCTD - some days I think it's a good thing, others i just don't know how to keep going. It's not the always severity of the pain - it's the relentlessness and the thought of doing it for another 10, 20 or 30 years. Jeez, it's so depressing and tiring! Good job I have a sense of humour!!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    ETA - I like the cooling effect of the ibuprofen gel but it just doesn't 'penetrate' does it? And the sticky residue? I love the way it advises you to wash your hands after- i have countless points of pain in my hands and wrists - all miserable
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 24th Apr 17, 12:17 AM
    • 25,166 Posts
    • 13,308 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Got pain in my right hip and knee last night that came out of knowhere. It made sleeping hard. I hope I do better tonight.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 24th Apr 17, 12:41 AM
    • 6,415 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Got pain in my right hip and knee last night that came out of knowhere. It made sleeping hard. I hope I do better tonight.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    have you tried sleeping on your side with a pillow or bolster between your legs? Sometimes it can help.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 24th Apr 17, 12:43 AM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 17,056 Thanks
    JIL
    Hiya D9.

Banks.
    Again.
    Three different banks I use.
    Only one is truly awful (& I reckon I must kick it into the long grass); HSBC.
    Besides everything else - and there's a lot of grumbles - they are glacially slow at doing anything.
    Originally posted by The Last Username
    HSBC are irritating me, I wanted a new current account, applied on line seven weeks later I was accepted. I phoned to transfer my account, no less than three times but the department was busy and they were not able to phone me back. Go into the branch they advised. So I did and after waiting in a queue for twenty minutes to transfer my account to them, they said I would need to make an appointment.
    So I wrote a complaint, we will respond in five working days they said, that was on 17 March, ten days later a letter arrived to say they would respond within the next ten days. Last Thursday a letter arrived to say they hoped to be able to answer my complaint by 8 May.
    There's an advert on TV that says they do instant decisions, I always tut to myself when it comes on.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 24th Apr 17, 12:52 AM
    • 25,166 Posts
    • 13,308 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    have you tried sleeping on your side with a pillow or bolster between your legs? Sometimes it can help.
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Tried every position going. I didn't try a pillow between the legs though. I will try that tonight If it gives me grief.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 24th Apr 17, 1:14 AM
    • 6,415 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Also prophylactics . . . as in a pre-emptive or anticipatory dose of pain killing drug . .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

234Posts Today

1,857Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin