PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks PN:)
    I use the same ratio but again add the milk or in this case a mix of semi-skimmed milk and cream until it looks right. I'd rather not have mix left but will use it up as a mini quiche or tub and have scrambled eggs with some of the smoked salmon I bought yesterday later in the week.:)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 April 2017 at 4:54PM
    I'd defrosted two slices of bread and still had some cherry tomatoes - so I started to make a tomato sandwich, then thought "a sliced boiled egg would go a treat in that", so I just put a boiled egg on to cook :)

That was so much easier than doing the veggies, yorkshires, stuffing, gravy, maybe a burger I considered 10 minutes ago :)

EDIT: And now I'm eating it :)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    candygirl wrote: »
    Yea it's lovely up here, but we like to keep it secret ;) I'm only 15 mins from Southport :)

Ooops sorry if I let the cat out of the bag and you now get swamped with us midlanders lol. I will be in Southport quite often over the summer, , my lovely Man lives there, 100 miles from me, bless him makes the trip every weekend rain hail or snow but I wait till the sunshines before going back with him. Would be lovely to arrange a meet up sometime if youre interested let me know, I`ll buy the coffee and cake.
    Slimming World at target
  • caronc
    Hope you'll be adding salad cream to that sandwich PN?:)
  • PasturesNew
    caronc wrote: »
    Hope you'll be adding salad cream to that sandwich PN?:)

I would usually, but instead of margarine - as I'd started out to make just a tomato sandwich I'd already spread it with marg. I did think "cheeky squeeze on top?" but then I realised it meant opening the fridge door, opening the top of the s/cream, opening the fridge door again - and that seemed too much extra effort :)

Talking of effort, I've just realised I've still got the scrunched up sheet of kitchen towel here that I'd used last night to wipe my lips after I'd scoffed that indian last night ..... I doubt not binning that will make the house prices in the road drop, so it's of little consequence this time :)
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    He everyone,

Faraway - that banana loaf look wonderful, I could just go a slice of that now to go with my cup of tea. I seem to have varied success when I make it. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is barely edible.

I have had quite an easy day when it comes to food prep and cooking today. I just had a banana for breakfast as I was meeting a friend for coffee in town, and that always seems to involve cake as well, needless to say, today was no different.

When I came back I didn't fancy much for lunch so just had a couple of slices of toast. For dinner I have just had a lamb stew/casserole meal from the freezer that I had cooked and frozen a while back with some steamed veg, and am now washing that down with a nice cup of tea.

It has been a really pleasant day weather wise today, but I am already dreading the weather that is forecast for next week. The thought of it getting really cold again is horrible. I feel that I need some nice warmer weather.
  • caronc
    Nice warmer weather would be fab and for more than a day.....
    It's got pretty cold and murky here so Spring has definitely been put on hold:mad:

My pastry lined tin is quietly chilling in the fridge and I've measured how much liquid it should take we'll see whether my measurements pan out or not lol:D
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    meg72 wrote: »
    Ooops sorry if I let the cat out of the bag and you now get swamped with us midlanders lol. I will be in Southport quite often over the summer, , my lovely Man lives there, 100 miles from me, bless him makes the trip every weekend rain hail or snow but I wait till the sunshines before going back with him. Would be lovely to arrange a meet up sometime if youre interested let me know, I`ll buy the coffee and cake.

Thst sounds great hun.:)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    I had carb overload here with two hm chunky smoked mackerel fishcakes with some heavenly hm oven wedges.
    The potatoes from Aldi's 29p Super 6 the other week were perfect for oven wedges. I'll be having these again on the menu, they were so nice. I used some steak seasoning as a sprinkle and it worked perfectly.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • PasturesNew
    Somebody ..... has a wobbly belly that crept in. Where on earth did that come from? It can't have been the crisps or the chocolates I've been scoffing ...

Oh well. Today I will be mostly thinking about floppy belly bits and staring forlornly at food thinking "You rotter!" :)

I will eat 2 weetabix for breakfast as I have a pint of milk to get through ... no idea beyond that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure