Become a TV/film extra... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• any1 here with extra-people?
  • xanthe06 wrote: »
    is there an up to date list of companys who dont charge a fee to be on their books, thanks x

id like to know this
  • extra-people dont you only get charged £40 fee on your 2nd job...they have offices in london and birmingham
  • i did it for years and tbh with travel costs etc it will never make you rich unless you get a big advert every 6 months!
  • any1 here with extra-people?

Yes. I've done a few jobs with them now and booked for another next week. Just make sure you know exactly what they will and won't pay for before you accept a job, and compare the offered rate with their rates page. They're not a scam, and they're great at getting you work, but they are cheeky beggars if they think they'll get away with it!
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I was an extra last month in a film being made. I didnt get paid but I knew that. I wouldn't do it again its boring stood around and then doing same scene over and over again
  • You should report any company offering unpaid extras work - if it's below nat min wage, they are acting illegally.
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Xorro wrote: »
    This isn't quite the right thread, but maybe one of you will know, are there any opportunities for doing voiceovers?
    Google it - there's a lot of voiceover jobs for videos and adverts, so you don't always have to live near a big city or travel:
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=voiceover+jobs+%2Bvideos&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=b7b968c575c3858f
  • I signed up to extras.co.uk (did a months free trial), have found some work for a film being shot in North Wales end of November for a week. Company advertising it is called Paramount Media, I wondered if anybody had done work through them before. They are also asking for a £50 deposit for the accommodation that after filming gets refunded. Is this normal practise as well, we will be living in their accommodation for a week. I wondered as this is my first work is this normal practise as I have only been contacting them via email, dont have phone number for them either. They are based in Birmingham I believe from one of their emails to me. Im just worried it seems to good to be true and Im possibly being scammed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback