disgraceful boiler cover .scottish power

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    dom2599 wrote: »
    ............ i never check my messages!...........
    So whose fault is that?

Just askin'

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • Ecokev
    Ecokev Posts: 38 Forumite
    Why isn't it working, it obviously wasn't the diverter valve then.
  • dom2599
    dom2599 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Another update,

I have had the engineers out from my insurance, Coziwarm, the engineer has now fixed all the parts SP and Carillion failed or couldnt do and i now have both heating and hot water:j

I also had a answer machine message at home from SP, the named and shamed SP telephone monkey Mary has returned from her fextive holidays and has now picked up my complaint, the tone in her voice starts of very appologetic, stating that she is now chasing Carillion about the parts, then her tone turns to 'yeah whatever' stating that she'll update me if she has anything to.....blah blah, not good enough Mary, if you'd done what you said you'd do originally, you would know that parts have been ordered, although the incorrect ones, then re-ordered on the 29th Decemeber!!! and you now state (in your message) that they 'may' be delivered tomorrow......sorry, but i've heard that one before....!

Now to push on with my complaint, i have asked my insurance to invoice me so i can invoice SP.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH SCOTTISHPOWER.

P.S.

I have also sent watchdog an email about their shoddy service........
  • Ecokev
    Look for compensation as well
  • Morning,

I pnoned SP about 6.30am yesterday and the guy I spoke to didn't really care and it was too early to do anything about it, so the 24/7 365 emergency sevice is pie in the sky. I phoned Carillion just after 8am and spoke to the 'guv' (at least he was a human being that was sympathetic) and guess what, I've been promised a 'senior' engineer first thing Friday morning. I also had a call from SP complaints who has sent me an email with all of her details. She did say the cost of boiling kettles and anything else to get hot water will have pushed up my electric bill so she would sort that extra cost out ???. She also said when I am happy that the problem has been fixed she would put in a compensation claim against Carillion !!!

ECOKEV - He changed the diverter valve, another board and heat exchanger I now have the 'pump' warning light on which he couldn't understand why, thats when he left.

DOM2599 - Good to hear you're up and running and by the way I found out Carillion have an account with the Plumb Centre so what is the problem with obtaining parts or, which is what I think, time is limited so it's easier to say "we have to order parts" so they can get to the next job.
  • Ecokev
    Sound like part throwers. Diverter, pcb and heat exchanger! It's cheaper to fit a new boiler, I can't stress how important and cheaper in the long run it would be to use a local guy. You wouldnt get this rubbish
  • I agree ECOKEV but why pay for a contract and then pay 'a local guy' to do a job that should have been done under the contract. If I didn't have a contract it would have been fixed the following day by the 'local guy' and I have every intension of billing SP if I have to call in someone else because they can't fix it. Yes a new boiler pobably would be cheaper but I have to pay for that as well as replacement is not covered.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    I agree ECOKEV but why pay for a contract
    Don't then.
    and then pay 'a local guy' to do a job
    do then.
    Yes a new boiler pobably would be cheaper but I have to pay for that as well as replacement is not covered.
    Yep.

All of which adds fuel to the ever brightly burning argument that contracts such as these are a total waste of time, money and energy and you are far far better off self insuring.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • Fixed, well sort of. Dont care now, left it in hands of solicitor, done brain in, too late, in states till end of Jan leaving 10am tomorow, bye bye.

To Keystone - I would like to know if you are or relalated to Jeff Hannis on EBME cos you you have opinions which relate to 'I know best and dont argue' if I and we knew better we would not be posting. If you know better do not belittle be constructive in other words words +++++ off.
  • dom2599
    dom2599 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi fedupspuser, glad your sort of fixed, i'm still waiting for SP to contact me with regards to coming to fit the parts that arrived last on thursday, i'm not holding my breath.....i also looked at the parts box that SP left in my garage after the fitted the other 2 parts needed, surprise surprise, the parts were delivered to Carillions local parts centre on the 21st December, the day after they ordered them, so all the crap about the parts not being delivered until the 23rd December is a load of tosh.....

Keystone,

I understand waht you mean with regards to using the local plumber, but when you pay for a service and that service is below par then i think people have the right to complain. I also used a local plumber last year to remove my gas fire so i could get the chimney swept, he removed it no problems, the chimney was swept, i called him to come back ond fit the gas fire, said 'yep' no problem, never turned up, many calls and messages later, still a no show. I had to get another fitter to fit the fire, so local fitters can be just as unreliable, so in my eyes your argument is as flawed as SP.

Ecokev

I will indeed be looking for compensation, i had to wait in all day for a phone call that never came the last time, so they will be getting billed for my current work rate of £14.00 per hour as i was on annual leave at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure