Earn money. Recycling ink-cartridges.

Options

Comments

• cheekyrob7005
    Options
    Hi There,

Just rang the number on line RE : empty inkjet .Com, & they said they don't take old print cartridges? Do you know of the best site that gives you the most cash for the used one as standard?
    Thanks Rob
  • cheekyrob7005
    Options
    Hi All,

This is a money saving forum yes? Can I suggest those who want to save / make money on Cartriges try out cashforcartridges dot Com for those who wanna make some cash. But they don't pay out till you've accumilated £25 and above.

Thanks Rob
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are there any companies who pay out before you reach £10? I only have 4 cartridges (printer is now long dead!), otherwise will stick them on ebay.
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Trumpeteer
    Options
    Is income tax payable on monies received for recycling these empty cartridges? Just a thought.
  • wicket_2
    wicket_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Inkcycle accepts Epson's (I would post the link, but as a new user I can't :huh:

but only for 1p each or 1 point to be 'spent' at their website.
    I think that to claim back the cash you need to have 'earned' £15, but they then take £2 as a handling fee? This would be a lot of epson cartridges!

But at least it's one place that will actually recyle epson's even if you hget very little money / reward for it.

Also I think Ryman's shop (not online) were advertising today 50p off your next cartridge if you take in a used cartridge.
  • snootyjim
    snootyjim Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    wicket wrote: »
    Also I think Ryman's shop (not online) were advertising today 50p off your next cartridge if you take in a used cartridge.

That has been the case for a very long time now, no sign of it ending either. You get 50p off each new cartridge for each cartridge that you return - so you can for instance by a 4 cartridge multipack, and return four cartridges, for a total £2 discount.

You can't do any more than that though, you can't trade in more than you buy.

Obviously if you just want to get them recycled, that's fine, but you won't get any additional discount. There's usually a green cardboard bin somewhere in the store you can dump them into if you don't want the discount.
  • BLUEWKD
    BLUEWKD Posts: 6,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have quite a few original HP toners and am trying to find somewhere that might give money for empty ones. Can anyone help please? I've tried google and tesco with no joy. Thanks
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• anderson105
    Options
    Does it really work?
    And how much time is required to earn £15???
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    It's a bit misleading calling it a charity, bungle05 when it hasn't actually been registered with The Charity Commission.

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/SearchMatchList.aspx
  • humper55
    Options
    I know a company that will offer money for empty toner cartridges. they have to be originals - not compatibles or previously recycled. Ink Toner UK. they will give you money off the cost of future orders - sort of like a credit on your account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure