Finally getting sorted

Comments

• Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If your back injury was industrial. Then work will pay you. Look into it.
  • Well done for not spending on the credit card for a month, that is really good!
    I have just started my own Debt Free Wannabe Diary and my first challenge to myself is to not use my credit card for the month of February.
    A few people have told me to build up an Emergency Fund before I start overpaying my debts so that I can cover unexpected costs from cash rather than using credit cards etc - have you thought about doing that?
  • I feel so ill. I can't stop thinking about money. I can't get a 0% balance card so this is never going to be paid off.

I've got £300 in an emergency fund and hopefully put some more in this month. The credit card was used for everything petrol, days out, food shopping.
    I can't believe I've got in such a mess really want to deal with this.
  • Kittencat wrote: »
    If your back injury was industrial. Then work will pay you. Look into it.

Hi they won't pay me. I didn't even get sick pat for the week I was off.
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You will get there. Half the battle is having that light bulb moment.

Regarding the injury, are you in a union?
  • Well bad day today. Went out with mum. £5 in home bargains on toothpaste and sweets for in the car then £18 on two jumpers and two pairs of shoes for the summer and £30 on petrol. Got £5 left to last till Friday but don't need anything. All direct debits go out tomorrow so should get an idea of extra payments I can do
  • So tired today. Can't stop thinking about this mess. Was checking my bank statement at 1 am.
    Loan money went out today but it's not updated on the app yet also credit card bill is due but again it's not online yet.

Hopefully a no spend day today. Am working, got a tank full of petrol and shouldn't need anything else.

I just want all this paid off and get some sort of normal. It doesn't help that I'm not on a set wage every four weeks so am never 100% sure what my pay will be.
  • Well done for starting to do something about your debts. Small steps will get you to your goal in the end.

Xx
  • Sitting up waiting for internet banking to update so I know where I stand.

Still not used the credit card and Wednesday was a no spend day. Day off today but need to go into town but hopefully won't do too much damage to the budget.
    Can't really do aims for February until I know how much interest is added to the credit card but

1. Get loan below £9000
    2. Don't use credit card
    3. Get credit card down to £3150

Fingers crossed I can manage this. Just want to wake up from this nightmare
  • Internet banking finally updated so made an overpayment to my loan of £32.02 so total is now £9000.

Still waiting for the credit card to update so I can pay that and work out my money for the month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure