Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Morning .

Fireworks started when got settled in bed last night so not happy was nearly midnight before Poppy settled proper.

So much for time off work I am tired .

Sorry if I been quiet :(

Got phone call just as tea was nearly ready Friday strange mobile answered it. Man telling me mum had fell (she had been on way home from town and nearly home) on her face he said she was complaining sore neck and had bad cut on nose. He was with his wife who happened to be a nurse.

They had phoned for ambulance but got told there was a 4-5 hour wait :mad:

Man asked if I could get to A&E soon as they where taking her. I said yes and A next door took me. Gets to hospital worrying about mum and worrying about Poppy who was locked in kitchen with no noise I don't possess radio etc.

Gets to mum she had fallen face first on wet leaves :mad:

Was at hospital til nearly 10pm I think sorry not sure ,

Outcome to that mums nose wasn't bad but she as broken a bone in her neck confirmed after a scan :(

She still in hospital with her neck in a plastic neck thing and she having another scan Monday.

I got home starving and opened kitchen door Poppy flew out to me she was petrified I found out yesterday fireworks had been going off :mad:

Went mums yesterday Saturday to pick some stuff clothes towel etc for mum and took them to the hospital. She seemed better than she did Friday when I saw her.

I told her no way was I visiting last night nor tonight . Bro :mad: least I tell you about him the better put it this way we not close and I am not a violent person but he needs a good slap . He visited last night after leaving work early.

Visiting is open so can go anytime. I will visit mum after work tomorrow and every day after. Glad visiting is open because my work is nearer hospital then my house . Yesterday I was tired hardly slept Friday was up around 4ish yesterday. Had a bit better sleep last night but still feel tired.

DS was on stand by to yesterday to travel from Liverpool if bro :mad: couldn't visit mum last night. Bro and his gf (who got car) visiting this afternoon/evening, They will call here but have to go home tonight they both have work tomorrow,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but tears are streaming down my face writing it.

AJ knows full story if it doesn't make sense think she will amend accordingly for you :o

Hey tweets, you've done a grand job there and after all those tears fall away I bet you now feel a lead weight has been lifted from your shoulders, doesn't it?

If not I'll get the blame as I told tweets to tell you all as it would take a load off. I hope it has worked sweetheart xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning guys, can I ask if anyone has any knowledge of memory foam matresses, not had a decent night's sleep for almost a year and been told we need to invest in one of these, have had a quick look on web but there are so many different variations, can anyone recommend one at all? please n thanks.x

Hi well I've got one and I like it. It was bought from a local shop though. Think I paid about £200. Obviously you get what you pay for but I wasn t going to pay too much even though they are probably better.

You can get cheaper ones of Amazon etc but beware although it says memory foam only probably the top inch is and not all the way down. These are usually the ones that come in a roll and you have to let them take shape for 24 hours.

Good Morning all :)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Morning .

Fireworks started when got settled in bed last night so not happy was nearly midnight before Poppy settled proper.

So much for time off work I am tired .

Sorry if I been quiet :(

Got phone call just as tea was nearly ready Friday strange mobile answered it. Man telling me mum had fell (she had been on way home from town and nearly home) on her face he said she was complaining sore neck and had bad cut on nose. He was with his wife who happened to be a nurse.

They had phoned for ambulance but got told there was a 4-5 hour wait :mad:

Man asked if I could get to A&E soon as they where taking her. I said yes and A next door took me. Gets to hospital worrying about mum and worrying about Poppy who was locked in kitchen with no noise I don't possess radio etc.

Gets to mum she had fallen face first on wet leaves :mad:

Was at hospital til nearly 10pm I think sorry not sure ,

Outcome to that mums nose wasn't bad but she as broken a bone in her neck confirmed after a scan :(

She still in hospital with her neck in a plastic neck thing and she having another scan Monday.

I got home starving and opened kitchen door Poppy flew out to me she was petrified I found out yesterday fireworks had been going off :mad:

Went mums yesterday Saturday to pick some stuff clothes towel etc for mum and took them to the hospital. She seemed better than she did Friday when I saw her.

I told her no way was I visiting last night nor tonight . Bro :mad: least I tell you about him the better put it this way we not close and I am not a violent person but he needs a good slap . He visited last night after leaving work early.

Visiting is open so can go anytime. I will visit mum after work tomorrow and every day after. Glad visiting is open because my work is nearer hospital then my house . Yesterday I was tired hardly slept Friday was up around 4ish yesterday. Had a bit better sleep last night but still feel tired.

DS was on stand by to yesterday to travel from Liverpool if bro :mad: couldn't visit mum last night. Bro and his gf (who got car) visiting this afternoon/evening, They will call here but have to go home tonight they both have work tomorrow,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but tears are streaming down my face writing it.

AJ knows full story if it doesn't make sense think she will amend accordingly for you :o

Oh poor tweets try not to get too upset these things happen and she s in a safe place now being looked after. It's annoying about family is n t it .It seems the ones that do less are more thought of .:o
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    Morning luvlies

tweets so sorry to hear about all you've been through, bless you. Hope your mum gets better soon and your bro doesn't upset you :).
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    ROCKINGHAM wrote: »
    Oh Tweets Wanna jump in the car and get up there to look after you and Poppy. Sending you huge hugs xx

Yes, me too. What a nightmare of a weekend.

Tweets, do try to relax as much as possible today.

Hope your mum recovers quickly. She is in safe hands with 24-hour care, so you must get a good rest while you can. xx
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• hampydoodums
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    I wanted the 'night before Christmas book' £1 with another purchase, I also wanted the tape dispenser ,,free with another purchase..sa put them both thru together so I paid £1.
    The following day I wanted some tissue paper for new baby GS present they had some reduced for £1 so I bought that and had my dispenser ..but when I got home the paper had faded I used 1 sheet took it back told them I had used a sheet but they refunded me £1:)
    Whilst in the shop a large roll of xmas paper reduced to 25p as it was torn at 1 end so I bought that and got my free dispenser.
    So ive spent £1.25 got 3 dispenser+cellotape, 1 book and 1 roll of wrapping paper:D

Good for you, I'm off for a look later :rotfl:
    Anon wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been reported already - for NUS card holders - Nowtv 3 months for £1 per month movies and/or entertainment - code on NUS Extra app. Thank to hukd m.

Hth

Anon

That's a bargain, since receiving my NUS card I've used it 4 times in SD :T. Only applied for it 2 weeks ago. Start my free online course in just over a week, best £13.50 :money: I've spent in a long time :D
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Tesco Bank security and fraud issues
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5552146

I haven't had a text or email, but have just checked my accounts.
    Pending transactions of over £1800 :(
    Hope ypu got it sorted x
    underperky wrote: »
    Good morning ...I think my flu/virus is on the mend ... hope every one I well

Perky glad yo are feeling better , my nose and head feels better today too

tweets, so sorry about your mum , try and rest , she is in the best place also poor poppy apart from fireworks bet she misses your mum too xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Very sad evening here in Wells. We had a new play park opened on Monday with a great castle and many other great play items. There was even a small area for adult fitness.
    Well this evening somebody caught fire to it and burnt most of it down. It cost £100000.00 and took 3 years to organise and build.
    So sad

How awful.
    Morning guys, can I ask if anyone has any knowledge of memory foam matresses, not had a decent night's sleep for almost a year and been told we need to invest in one of these, have had a quick look on web but there are so many different variations, can anyone recommend one at all? please n thanks.x

Sorry we had a memory foam mattress, was told it was supposed to keep you warm in the winter, cooler in the summer, paid nearly £2 000.00 for it and it was the worst mattress I ever had, my son has it now, as only managed with it for about a year, we were sweating buckets every night, we couldnt get on with it. Sorry no use to you.

Tweets, sorry to hear about your mum, wishing her a speedy recovery.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So sorry to hear what has been going on tweets. Hope your mum is ok x
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Called in Co-op yesterday - Halloween party packs for kids £3 down to 30p containing disposable plates, serviettes, straws and cups, think there's 5 of each per pack. Also banners 30p, pumpkin electronic tealights 25p for 2.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure