Finally getting sorted

Options

Comments

• joz123
    Options
    Have you thought about consolidating your debt? Put both your existing loan and credit card onto one new lower interest rate loan. Speak to your bank as some loans for £7000+ are as little as 3.5%. You could then make one monthly repayment and know exactly how long it will take to repay. The downside is you wouldn't have a credit card for emergencies. Well done so far though, you're doing well. Wish you luck.
  • Lumanous
    Lumanous Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't stop worrying about money. Keep checking online banking 3-4 times a day even though I can't do anything else now until payday.

You're not alone! Glad I'm not the only one, when I'm focused on it I check my tracker continuously through the evening and check on most of my balances through the day, silly really but when you're waiting for things its tough. Just have to remind myself 'ok so x has just come in/gone out, now its y days until the next change so...chill' (sometimes helps but I usually still keep checking anyway... :o )

Keep up the good focus :)
    :A
    No, my username is not a typo :tongue:
  • Money_Rollercoaster
    Options
    Hi!

If your work are willing to pay for your course, can they provide a laptop / PC for you to use? Most businesses have spare computer equipment, even small ones and it could be you just need to ask the question. If it were me (the new me, not the OLD wasteful me) I would see what they say before you think about spending your money.

Oh, and you're definitely not alone in constantly checking where you are money-wise. My countdown to next payday starts the second I get paid! I do like knowing where I am in my current account (to the penny), but it can be a distraction sometimes!
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Hi!

If your work are willing to pay for your course, can they provide a laptop / PC for you to use? Most businesses have spare computer equipment, even small ones and it could be you just need to ask the question. If it were me (the new me, not the OLD wasteful me) I would see what they say before you think about spending your money.

Oh, and you're definitely not alone in constantly checking where you are money-wise. My countdown to next payday starts the second I get paid! I do like knowing where I am in my current account (to the penny), but it can be a distraction sometimes!

I'm forever counting down until payday. Some of the girls never notice if they have been paid or not. I have been known to set an alarm for 1am on payday to check it's gone in and spend time shuffling it all around :rotfl:
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    7 days until pay day. £40 in my purse left for this weeks fuel but I'm hoping to make it last until Sunday. Still got my fun money for next week as well. Touch wood as long as nothing changes it will be another month with nothing added to the debt :T
  • Money_Rollercoaster
    Options
    I looked in my wallet and only had nectar vouchers and a trolley pound! I burnt the voucher offering 1200 points for a £60 spend (expired) ... that was never going to get used!

Here's to being brassic! (taps special brew can against side of wheelie bin, waking the dog on string sleeping next to me ... hic!)
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    I lied. I've been out spending. £22 on fuel but should last me until next weeks pay day. Went to Tesco and spent £10. I need to beat this eating disorder and the only way is 3 meals and snacks so went and got porridge, skimmed milk, fruit and snacks.
    I'm not good at portion control so have got every thing pre portioned. I did look at lots of other things but left them all on the shelf so small win
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Not posted in a while as much to updat until payday.
    Just had my annual loan statement through.this time last year the loan was £11,200 and its now £8698 so it's slowly going down. Payday Friday :T
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Wow thats amazing :D well done :) xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    monz wrote: »
    Wow thats amazing :D well done :) xx

Thank you :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income