Capital One

Comments

• fairmorn308
    fairmorn308 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    I had a loan with capital bank plc ( part of bank of scotland group )

I dont have any details at all about the loan and i have already sent them a letter and the 40 day deadline is on 8th jan 07.

Is there anything else i can do about this?

Also i have been with bank of scotland for over 15yrs now but i have had a few accounts and a mortgage and loan with them but have no details at all about them and just wanted to know how i would go about it.
  • Are Capital One likely to close the card account if I try to claim my charges back from them?
  • Hello all, I sent my 1st letter requesting data om charges on 13.12.06, no reply as yet, willkeep you informed and am eagerly awaiting your posts.

Consumers Revenge Rocks!
  • Just sent off my letter to Capital One asking for £837 worth of charges.

Funnily enough I noticed that they have reduced their charges from £20 for overlimit/late payment fee to £12 from October of 2006.

Looks like at least one bank/credit card company is paying attention!:T

EDIT: Just realised there was a law passed so they had to reduce their charges! Duh!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I've merged your thread with this previous one where you should find some answers.
  • Capital One so far have been hard work. I wrote to them a while back claiming £220, they refunded £96 but the problem is they say they credited it to my account which is now with a DCA... which is of no use to me, plus I have no idea if it's actually been paid across.

Sent another letter asking for the remaing £100+, but they sent a real snotty letter back saying ...I'm writing to you out of courtesy as you have received my final response...We're confident our fees are both fair and legal...We won't be increasing our offer etc

Has anyone received such a response? What can I do now about reclaiming the rest? And what can I do about the £96??

£2 Coin Savings = £0.23:confused:
  • sonee2405
    sonee2405 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    I have just recieved a package from capital one by special delivery with a list of some charges since my account was opened with them(for the credit card) at the moment i am in a payplan dmp and paying them a small amount each month.I don't know what to do now please help me.
    If i am entitled to any charges back would they be deducted from the current balance i owe-The strange thing is the statements show that i used to pay payment protection of about £24.87 each month starting from 2003 up to 2005 when i had to start the dmp programme-but as far as i can remember when i tried to ask capital one for help before the dmp started i was refused so all that payment cover went to waste can i claim back that back.
    The very recent statement is showing that no interest is being charged now,no late charge has been added and that i have an available balance of £55 (the cred limit was £1250)
    Love can tame the wildest
  • Taloola78
    Taloola78 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Hi,
    Was just wondering if anyone can help. My mum who is disabeld and unemployed got a credit card from Capital One who gave her a limit of £200 which she went over as they never told her they took £20 for PPI (dont know why as has already been explained)at the beginning and she spent the £200 thinking thats what she was allowed, anyway long story short she ended up owing them about £900 by the time she got her head out the sand and went to pay it. Most of this was through charges and interest.
    She did however pay it and now I am on here and can see that she is entitled to some of that money back but I'm not sure where she stands as she no longer has the credit card.
    Has anyone been successful in getting the money back when they no longer have the credit card?
    If your still reading this:o , thanks.
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Taloola78 wrote:
    Has anyone been successful in getting the money back when they no longer have the credit card?

Yes, just provide them with full details of the account when sending your Data Protection Request.
  • Taloola78
    Taloola78 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills