• Excellant thank you
    I have had one the last 2 years and its paid for itself over and over
  • hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    on hukd they say the link is down and to try later, someone rung up
  • Choco1208
    Choco1208 Posts: 241 Forumite
    It states you need a child between the age of 5 and 15.
    Me and my partner travel to London a lot with our 9 month baby. Would me and my partner still get the discount using the card.
    Thanx
  • Tarzan
    Tarzan Posts: 53 Forumite
    Choco1208 wrote: »
    It states you need a child between the age of 5 and 15.
    Me and my partner travel to London a lot with our 9 month baby. Would me and my partner still get the discount using the card.
    Thanx

If you pay for the baby as a child then yes, you can use the railcard.
  • ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    another comment on HDUK says will be live again on the 7th may
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • Rich44_2
    Rich44_2 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Post
    lol in other words someone jumped the gun putting the page up early and didn't count on one of "us" finding it hehehehe
  • Choco1208
    Choco1208 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Thanx Tarzan

Ok. So we need to try again on 7 May???
  • I haven't had one of these before but would like to apply, can anyone tell me how they work, I noticed when I looked online that you can have an additional card holder, so if I want one for family of 4, would i put mine and hubby name down, or would my card permit the 4 of us, and if I wanted to get an additional card for my mum, so she could also use it to take her and kids out would that work??
  • Tarzan
    Tarzan Posts: 53 Forumite
    I noticed when I looked online that you can have an additional card holder, so if I want one for family of 4, would i put mine and hubby name down, or would my card permit the 4 of us, and if I wanted to get an additional card for my mum, so she could also use it to take her and kids out would that work??

You can put 2 names on one card, so either your husband or yourself could travel with the children. Your mum could certainly apply for her own card to use when taking the children out.
    Each card permits up to 8 people, 4 adults and 4 children, or as little as 2 people, 1 adult and 1 child
  • Hopelesswithmoney
    Hopelesswithmoney Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    Tarzan wrote: »
    If you pay for the baby as a child then yes, you can use the railcard.

From the website:

All kids under five travel free - and each adult may take up to two 'under fives' with them. However, if the only child in the group is under five, you'll need to purchase a discounted child ticket to qualify for the adult Railcard discount. All child fares are subject to a £1 minimum fare.
    Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport