Christmas music in shops

I have been reading these threads to get myself in the Christmas mood - I want to get ahead this year and not stress in December with card writing and present buying frenzies like I do every year.

I have started Christmas shopping but doesn't feel Christmassy as there is no music playing in shops. I know its very early still but I think I heard Christmas music in Wilkinsons about this time last year.

Has anyone heard any festive tunes whilst shopping yet?

Comments

• 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Not been to shops but you can still get in the mood - I wrote my cards weeks ago.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • Bella_b
    Bella_b Posts: 859 Forumite
    I don't think Christmas music starts in shops until December usually.
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Think of the poor shop staff! Those CDs are usually on repeat throughout December. Imagine listening to one Christmas CD on repeat, for 8-12 hours every day, for a quarter of the year. You'd hate the very idea of Christmas by Halloween!

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,917
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Moretolife wrote: »
    I have been reading these threads to get myself in the Christmas mood - I want to get ahead this year and not stress in December with card writing and present buying frenzies like I do every year.

I have started Christmas shopping but doesn't feel Christmassy as there is no music playing in shops. I know its very early still but I think I heard Christmas music in Wilkinsons about this time last year.

Has anyone heard any festive tunes whilst shopping yet?

get thee sen an ipod/mp3 player and get in the festive zone.. your own little joyful and triumphant bubble of Christmas.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Some Xmas movies free on YouTube as well!
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • JamesCR
    JamesCR Posts: 50 Forumite
    I work in retail and last year it started on 25th November but the customers complained so much that it was stopped until about the 4th December.

Please spare a thought for us in the retail business! It might be nice hearing the music for an hour while you shop but we get it 8 hours a day, 5 times a week for at least three weeks! By the time Christmas Day gets here i'm usually sick of it :D
  • My local pharmacy had a Christmas CD playing last week! The man in front of me was complaining, he turned to me & asked if I wanted to complain too, my reply "yes, I can't hear it, turn it up!"
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • I used to work in retail too many moons ago but I never got bored of the music.

I did hear my first Christmas song in Boots yesterday. It was very bizarre as we were in T Shirts and it was 20 degrees outside.
  • I heard Christmas music in Boots yesterday!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Wilkinsons had the Xmas music playing today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family