How to Claim From Ryanair (Volcanic Disruption)

First time poster would like to say thanks to this forum which was a life line whilst stuck in spain due to the disruption.

Since returning i've managed to find a form on the Ryanair website whch my be some help to others.

EDIT ; I'm a first time user and cannot post links, but PM me by all means!

Its seems well hidden, no suprise there then!

Interested to see how others do. I'm approximatly 1k out of pocket (but alot browner), after 8 extra days on the Costa Del Sol.

Good luck and thanks to those who gave good advice on the main thread, especially CityBoy.

Comments

• higueron
    higueron Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    if you decide to rebook if your flight has been canceled do you get the new flight for the same price you paid for your original flight I have looked on the ryanair website but dont see any clarification on this.
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i didn't see any mention of that form when i submitted a letter with photocopies of my receipts for food and accommodation. I hope my letter won't be rejected automatically because i didn't follow procedure. I send these off last friday 30 April - does anyone know offhand when that form appeared on the site?
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I only saw it the other day & that was by fluke looking for the address where to send the paper work.

What is interesting to note is that RyanAir are asking for VAT receipts. (Not that the regulations make any reference to having to provide them)We rented an apartment in Spain for the week which had to be extended for a further 4 days. So no VAT receipt there. We also had to get a taxi to the airport as there were 3 of us including a 3 year old. We can easily prove that we where staying 30 miles South of Malaga.

I would suggest that if you have access to Adobe Acrobat Writer (As they haven't made the document available in Word) that you use that to fill in the claim form, print it off sign it, scan back in and then send it via fax using your computer. For those not quite sure how to do that. Go to Outlook then Help and just type in fax it will tell you how to do it. If you work for the NHS, NHS mail has this built in facility

They are also saying that they will send you an email contact for you to email your receipts - They certainly aren't going out of their way to make it easy to claim.

Something tells me this is going to end up in the County Court
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • steve1500
    This is the print out from my computer

The message was delivered at 12:56:29 GMT on Wed, 05 May 2010.
    Message delivered to fax 0035318121663.
    CSID Received from fax machine was "Ryanair"
    Delivery took 107 seconds (3 pages).
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • milzee123
    milzee123 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    steve1500 wrote: »
    I only saw it the other day & that was by fluke looking for the address where to send the paper work.

What is interesting to note is that RyanAir are asking for VAT receipts. (Not that the regulations make any reference to having to provide them)We rented an apartment in Spain for the week which had to be extended for a further 4 days. So no VAT receipt there. We also had to get a taxi to the airport as there were 3 of us including a 3 year old. We can easily prove that we where staying 30 miles South of Malaga.

I would suggest that if you have access to Adobe Acrobat Writer (As they haven't made the document available in Word) that you use that to fill in the claim form, print it off sign it, scan back in and then send it via fax using your computer. For those not quite sure how to do that. Go to Outlook then Help and just type in fax it will tell you how to do it. If you work for the NHS, NHS mail has this built in facility

They are also saying that they will send you an email contact for you to email your receipts - They certainly aren't going out of their way to make it easy to claim.

Something tells me this is going to end up in the County Court
    Thanks for the faxing info Steve. I have just managed to find Ryanairs 'official' claim form and you are soooo right..They are NOT making it at all easy for us ! V.A.T receipts- Oh yes!...we're all left stranded in a foreign country and thanks to them,have to feed,water and accommodate ourselves and families at our own expense for an un-disclosed amount of time on a credit card already stretched to it's limit ! All the proof is on our credit card statement but I bet they'll kick up and turn the screws further ! To say 'I Hate Ryanair' would be an understatement !
  • ajmace
    ajmace Posts: 132 Forumite
    I too sent a letter with copies of my receipts on Monday April 26th. Of course I have heard nothing yet....

I sent it to Ryanair Compensation Department, Dublin Airport, Co Dublin, Ireland. Was this the correct address?

Is it worth sending in the recently-discovered applicvtion form as well?

Has anyone had a confirmation yet to a posted claim?

Thanks everyone. I agree with 'don't get mad get even'.
  • steve1500
    I'm not expecting to hear anything from Ryanair for a few weeks & that will only be to provide me with an email address where to send the receipts, then no doubt a few more to receive a reply saying they aren't happy with the receipts and so on & so on. At which point I will probably get bored with their tactics & go tottering off to the County Court or more likely www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If we do end up in the Courts hopefully some far more enlightened person than me can tell us what we can start adding on as "extras" Like all the time we have had to spend on the matter, because Ryanair have not made things easy
  • debdog
    debdog Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have just filled in the claim form for expenses whilst being stranded because of the volcanic disruption.
    Tried faxing to 3 different numbers and none will work!!!!!!!!
    Tried ringing as well , no reply !!!!
    What next ??
  • steve1500
    Jusy lifted from RyanAirs website

Following the closure of European airspace between the 15-22 April 2010 we are dealing with a large volume of correspondence. We are currently answering complaints within 28 days of receipt. Please do not resubmit your correspondence as this may lead to a further delay in response. Ryanair thank you for your co-operation.
  • beni26
    beni26 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I put a claim in on the 25th april as i was stuck in Venice an extra 7 days but i sent my claim to Compensation dept,PO BOX11451,SWORDS,CO DUBLIN,IRELAND.
    Was this the wrong address,also i just sent a list and copies of my reciepts as i didnt know there was aform to fill in,does anyone know if this will be allright?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure