Baxi Duotec Combi 24HE Error Code E133

Comments

• Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    You don't need npower you need the utility company in my area they are called wales and west utilities. They used to be transco. There emergency number is 0800 111 999
  • ma9gm
    ma9gm Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ah ok. That'll be why they were so rubbish with it then. I'm based in Enfield, so will have to do a google search and see who it is. Thank you for your help on this.
  • G-McDog
    G-McDog Posts: 48 Forumite
    It's not the sensor lead. Changed that and same problem!
  • G-McDog
    G-McDog Posts: 48 Forumite
    It's not given us the error message for a while now. Never lights up first time... Closer to 3rd time it lights up with a big bang! I changed the ignition lead and there wasn't much change. Am trying to work out of there is much point getting it diagnosed until it dies again. I think i read since people are able to work out what is wrong just by listening to the light up sequence and noting where it goes wrong. That is very very impressive.
  • Alex1983
    I think you had the electrodes changed, if you have and it's coming on with a bang then you need someone to test the gas inlet pressure, the co readings and the low gas rate as the boiler will light on low rate.
  • ma9gm
    Alex1983 wrote: »
    I think you had the electrodes changed, if you have and it's coming on with a bang then you need someone to test the gas inlet pressure, the co readings and the low gas rate as the boiler will light on low rate.

That's helpful. I did have the electrodes changed. I would have thought the engineer who changed it would have checked the gas inlet pressure. But unlikely considering he couldn't work out what was wrong with it!

I changed both the electrode leads, and the earth cable to the ignition. I've not had the error code for about a week now. But the boiler still doesn't sound healthy. It's taking about 3 attempts to light up each time. It's also fairly noisy! It is the Gas valve that sorts out the inlet pressure?
  • Alex1983
    The inlet pressure is the gas pressure coming from the meter to the boiler. The low gas rate, what the boiler lights on is controlled by the gas vavle. Either way you need a gas safe engineer to look at this as it needs to be check with a emissions tester. It doesn't take to much to make it burner badly and give off poor readings which can lead to co issue.
  • ma9gm
    Alex1983 wrote: »
    The inlet pressure is the gas pressure coming from the meter to the boiler. The low gas rate, what the boiler lights on is controlled by the gas vavle. Either way you need a gas safe engineer to look at this as it needs to be check with a emissions tester. It doesn't take to much to make it burner badly and give off poor readings which can lead to co issue.

Thank you for this. I've not actually done anything to it, and the error message has disappeared for the last week or so. It's firing up on the 3rd or 4th go, so I suspect the error will come back again at some point in the future. When it does I'll get the gas valve replaced. It's weird how it works fine for large chunks, then has a week or so of causing problems!
  • Alex1983
    The gas valve may not need replacing, you may just need a decent gas safe engineer to set the gas valve up correctly. It has adjustment points on it and the manufacturers instructions will tell them the readings they need.
  • ma9gm
    I thought I'd just update on this. It's almost been 2 months without any issues. No error messages or any need to reset it. I don't know if it's because it's warmer or what. I didn't do anything, it just seemed to sort itself out.

I have, however, now got boiler cover so if it starts playing up again I can get it fixed on that rather than going through replacing all the parts and hoping for the best!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure