IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PPC performing a credit search

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    blackmath wrote: »
    Ah, sorry. I was a little vague, could have phrased it better. They have more than one.

So from the latter DVLA search they would have an updated address.

You have multiple tickets then.
    So, are you saying that from the first ticket to the last one, the address changed
  • blackmath
    blackmath Posts: 93
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You have multiple tickets then.
    So, are you saying that from the first ticket to the last one, the address changed

Precisely.

I can see why I wasn't the most clear.

However, going back to my original question. Any opinions?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    the PPC can only use data from the DVLA for the relivent ticket issued , if they are using info obtained at a later date they have broken thier agreement with the DVLA
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • blackmath
    Forumite
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    the PPC can only use data from the DVLA for the relivent ticket issued , if they are using info obtained at a later date they have broken thier agreement with the DVLA

I'm not sure how that works. As they would also have a duty to use the latest information they have in legally pursuing a debt.

I should add I have never been on edited register.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If this is a ppc who likes to do court they could well be using a tracing agent. Given they have two different addresses they may well be checking where to send court papers.
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    blackmath wrote: »
    Even a soft search requires permission. This is about the release of information protected by the DPA.

I work for a company that does soft searches for a completely different purpose and express permission is required.

As for address it's a marginal timing thing.

They would actually be aware of my new address without a credit search due to other DVLA searches they have performed.

As for appealing, I am more than happy to do that in court.
    actually a soft footprint search can legally be done without permission for tracing purposes.
    Essentially every time you subscribe to a service or buy a product be that credit or a physical object and you don't unsubscribe to their 'sharing of information to other agents/products/services' you give your permission (by omitting to tick the box) for that info to be sold to tracing agents and tracing databases.
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • blackmath
    Forumite
    kimplus8 wrote: »
    actually a soft footprint search can legally be done without permission for tracing purposes.
    Essentially every time you subscribe to a service or buy a product be that credit or a physical object and you don't unsubscribe to their 'sharing of information to other agents/products/services' you give your permission (by omitting to tick the box) for that info to be sold to tracing agents and tracing databases.

So I'm certain CRAs do not work like that.

CRAs require express or implied permission. That may be at the beginning of a credit agreement, utilities agreement etc. However, it must have been stated originally in the T&Cs.

In this case the PPC has never been contacted by me in any way whatsoever. They are effectively random people who would be asking for my credit data.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I suspect this isn't a credit search but rather confirmation of your address.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    For each ticket they intend to issue, they have to go back to the DVLA each and every time. Despite knowing your details from previous ticket(s), they cannot use them. They must apply each time to the DVLA.

Write to the DVLA and ask them who, by date, has applied for your details between x (date) and y (date) - to cover the dates of all your PCNs.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • blackmath
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    For each ticket they intend to issue, they have to go back to the DVLA each and every time. Despite knowing your details from previous ticket(s), they cannot use them. They must apply each time to the DVLA.

Write to the DVLA and ask them who, by date, has applied for your details between x (date) and y (date) - to cover the dates of all your PCNs.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html

Thanks. I guess it is worth doing to piece together what they have done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure