LuxStyle Quickmax invoicing scam

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kjh wrote: »
    I am in New Zealand and I had the same problem when looking at blackead masks, I entered my details to see the price and accidentaly clicked on one worth nzd $95 including shipping. It hasn't arrived yet and I'm paniking because i tried to cancle it. I havent paid for it yet either, what should i do??
    Read the post immediately above yours.

OK, that's written from a UK perspective, this is after all a UK website, but surely you can glean something from that post.

Probably best if you seek advice from some NZ consumer support group if there is such a thing.

Kjh wrote: »
    I am having the same problem but i'm 13 and in New Zealand and i was sent an email about it.
    I've just spotted your age.
    You really need to enlist the help of an adult.
  • violet_flames
    Options
    I was on instagram, and saw the quick max product and decided to check it out. I was also foolish enough to type the information in. However i had a free trial ad, so i would only pay for the shipping fees but I declined the product before closing the site. I later received an email saying i have to pay a $94.85 cost even when i declined the price. I though nothing of it but 6 days later I got the package with the invoice inside. I am currently in a huge panic and I have no idea what to do. I sent an email trying to cancell it and explaining what happened, however, they say they will reply within 24 hours. I only have 8 days left before the fees start coming. Anyone know what to do? I got his packpage from denmark.
  • wealdroam
    Options
    I was on instagram, and saw the quick max product and decided to check it out. I was also foolish enough to type the information in. However i had a free trial ad, so i would only pay for the shipping fees but I declined the product before closing the site. I later received an email saying i have to pay a $94.85 cost even when i declined the price. I though nothing of it but 6 days later I got the package with the invoice inside. I am currently in a huge panic and I have no idea what to do. I sent an email trying to cancell it and explaining what happened, however, they say they will reply within 24 hours. I only have 8 days left before the fees start coming. Anyone know what to do? I got his packpage from denmark.
    Hi violet_flames, welcome to the forums.

I really don't understand why you don't know what to do.

You don't have to read many posts on this thread to get the answers.

In summary - ignore them - do not respond to their threats.

You only need to do something different if you actually receive official court papers, which is extremely unlikely.

Read the thread and get more re-assurance.
  • DellaBella
    Options
    Hi I'm new on here. My son has had demanding letters from these people for masks he did not order nor did he receive - only demanding letters for money! Can I ask, has anyone actually had debt collectors turn up on their doorstep or had a court summons sent to them to appear in court?

DellaBella
  • Chloe1302
    Options
    Hi all
    I am having the same problem, I never ordered these items they are trying to get me to pay for, they seem to think the debt is mine but it's not even in my name, has my address yes but my name is not Lucy & I have explained to them how I have never came across any of these items but they are demanding me to pay the debt

Thanks Chloe x
  • larrie85
    larrie85 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 July 2017 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Hi Im from Malaysia and this is happen to me too...
    I never ordered the product and i never pay for the product.
    and today (11.07.2017) i received First Reminder from the Company.
    I emailed the company saying that i never purchased the item, they replied by send me a photo of the blackhead and the web, and ask me to recall... and i ignore the email.

In the reminder letter, the company asked to me to pay within 10 days. the problem is the reminder dated 13 june 2017 and i received the letter today 11.07.2017, which is a month ago.. this is totally absurd.

i do read regarding the EU Commissions. But i cannot make a complain because im not residing in EU

so, wht should i do?
  • wealdroam
    Options
    larrie85 wrote: »
    Hi Im from Malaysia and this is happen to me too...
    I never ordered the product and i never pay for the product.
    and today (11.07.2017) i received First Reminder from the Company.
    I emailed the company saying that i never purchased the item, they replied by send me a photo of the blackhead and the web, and ask me to recall... and i ignore the email.

In the reminder letter, the company asked to me to pay within 10 days. the problem is the reminder dated 13 june 2017 and i received the letter today 11.07.2017, which is a month ago.. this is totally absurd.

i do read regarding the EU Commissions. But i cannot make a complain because im not residing in EU

so, wht should i do?
    Hi larrie85 welcome to the forums.

You only need to do something different if you actually receive official court papers, which is extremely unlikely.

All that is based on UK/EU law.
    You may like to confirm that is the correct action in your jurisdiction.
  • larrie85
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Hi larrie85 welcome to the forums.

All that is based on UK/EU law.
    You may like to confirm that is the correct action in your jurisdiction.

Thank you for the respond.

i will ignore it.
  • Jamiemiller1199
    Options
    Hiya lux style done same with me I went to police the police said just block them and ignore them they can't do nothing they will threaten u with lawyers but that's just to scare u I have been dealing with them for years
  • SunShine86
    Options
    Hi,
    I am facing the same situation. Today I received second reminder from LuxStyle. I have been charged for BlackheadKiller product which I have never ordered and never received neither.
    The charge is MYR119.90 (29/6/2017). They sent me first reminder dated 29/7/2017 costing Late Penalty Fee for MYR50.00 and today I received second reminder dated 21/8/2017 with Late Penalty Fee for MYR50.00.
    Now the charges accumulating totalling to MYR219.90.
    It was stated in their invoice that I have to pay within 10days to avoid debt collection case. They reserve the right to submit the claim directly to their local law firm they use as their partner, with associated additional costs.
    After reading your sharing, I immediately marked them as SCAM.
    Please advise, I have fear because it seems that the charges is accumulating and they never bother about my first email concerning the matter.
    Thanks.
    SunShine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family