What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 15 May

Comments

• Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone :hello:

Julie, congrats on your DD's wedding! How exciting!
    nikongirl - Fab news on paying off your debt, such a relief :)

I've been running around this morning. DS had another external exam at 9am so was off out taking him to the exam centre. I popped into Tesco nearby and picked up some eggs, floor cleaner and bread.

Rest of today looks like this:

- Write to 2 creditors to issue a complaint about not adding a correct default date to my accounts - done
    - Pop to post office and post eBay parcel - done
    - Return bikini I bought to Tesco's - done
    - All meals from home
    - Get onto Swags and complete some surveys
    - Sainsbury's added £5 onto my Nectar card after I made a complaint about finding a hair in my coleslaw... freshly opened pack as well! :eek::eek:
    - Washing on and drying outside - done
    - Home weights workout - done
    - Might go for walk later around the park if the rain holds off

That's it folks, have a good one!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all :wave:
    I'm so tired. And boring. Because all I ever do is post on here about how tired and busy I am. Sorry.
    It was the first chemistry exam today. Thankfully most of the kids thought that it was ok so that's a bit of a relief - 2 more to go.
    I really, really need an early night tonight - I'm worn out.
    Small spend because we needed milk and veg. Other than that I'm working hard, doing a tiny bit of housework and spending way too much money on things to save me time (I even paid for the vet to come to us on Wednesday because I was too busy to go). I'm embarrassed because this is meant to be a money saving forum...
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You have to do what you have to do CCL, been there and done that :(
    But the summer holidays are approaching :)
  • Twins
    I'm so tired. And boring. Because all I ever do is post on here about how tired and busy I am. Sorry.
    It was the first chemistry exam today. Thankfully most of the kids thought that it was ok so that's a bit of a relief - 2 more to go.
    Small spend because we needed milk and veg. Other than that I'm working hard, doing a tiny bit of housework and spending way too much money on things to save me time (I even paid for the vet to come to us on Wednesday because I was too busy to go). I'm embarrassed because this is meant to be a money saving forum...

Don't worry about moaning CCL... we all go through period of feeling like that. My DS had his re-sit of Chemistry today (he's re-sitting last summers sciences so he can try and get a better overall grade to go towards his A Levels). It's all so stressful for all involved.
    Hope you get to enjoy some relaxation time in tonight x
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!

All I ever post about is what I'm eating :rotfl:

And you do what you have to do (take it from the lady who paid to get the ironing done :) ) it is bloomin' tough running a home and family as well as doing a full time job. I have the perfect meme which will be winging its way to you shortly :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Had a busy day doing housework. Did some ironing, still have 2 mount ironing everests but if I get a bit more done this weekend things should look a bit better. My problem is I leave things to stack up until it just becomes ridiculous:eek:
    I did a FVD . Went to M@rrisons to get cat litter and cat food.ended up with 2 pks of pikelet's and a pack of crumpets for my mum-9p each:j
    Also 3 packs of petite filous (despite being 18 DD loves these, 3 pots at a time)-19p each
    Colour hair conditioner for DD-1.50 instead of 7.00,and some beef steaks down to 1.90:j
    Freezer is definately full to bursting now.
    We had really good news about mssing kitty now home from the vets, they are really pleased with her, intestinal swelling has gone down and weight has increased. Just need to take her for the next 2 weeks to the nurses clinic for a B12 injection just to help with absorption but couldn't believe the difference in her:T
    FVD is something stressing out the older cat to make her mess? When missing kitty came home, the youngest of the family (built like a tank but a complete chicken) thought we had a new cat in the house and started to stress and mess.
    CCL ur not boring, moan away. I agree with the other posters, u r doing the best that u can, u love cats and have a naughty torty......definately not boring:)!!!! My DD is also doing her Chemistry resit!
    Must get some paperwork done tomorrow, have a meeting in the middle of the day.
    Off to bed for me x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    HappyKitties, no more stress than usual, her sister hates her and rules the roost but this one's so laid back she's practically comatose.

She's never been keen on the cat flap, for weeks after putting it in she would still be trying to get us to let her out of the window plus, when she had her lump I think that made it an even tighter squeeze.

We have a covered litter tray in the back garden (cat flap is in the front door and front garden is bigger and more 'garden' like) as it's all paved out there and she likes to use that but there's no cat flap at the back as its a glass door but the door is mostly open.

I'm not absolutely sure it's her doing it and not stroppy cat though stroppy cat has no trouble with the cat flap and is often outside (stroppy cat is so smart she probably could have fitted the cat flap :rotfl: )

Anyhow, I have filled a washing up bowl with cat litter and left it in the bathroom so we'll see what happens tonight. I may have to go back to having an indoor litter tray.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi,

* Go to work.

* Stay away from the vendy machines.

* Added to Savings.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Morning ally :) good luck with the vending machine! I've moved to an office with one and it does get me every couple of weeks.... I have a weakness for crisps when stressed but if I buy a multi pack I'll eat them all in one sitting!

Ok quick post for me as have started working. I have madam today as CM had to close because she is sick, but I still need to work. I figure if I do 3 hours this morning (she's always quite self sufficient in the mornings!) then I can have a break with her, then do some more later/this evening! We'll see how we get on....

Small things:

* exchanged tesco rewards for £40 cafe rouge vouchers :money: :j
    * emailed said vouchers to oh & asked him to print ;)
    * drop some clothes & shoes off to the charity recycling place
    * all meals from stores
    * grab something out of freezer for oh/madam's dinner. I'll have lo chilli mmmmm
    * write shopping list. Have been offered 5000 reward points with M0rrisons if I do a shop of £40 before 21st. I think that works out to be a £5 voucher :T will use cashback card to pay for it as well :D
    * need to transfer cash to joint account/oh to pay it/him back following holiday/festival....
    * take madam swimming using membership
    * finally go to library
    * chop and freezer ginger
    * check on plants :) will actually do some potting on/sowing today

Right that's all for now. I better get on! Happy Friday guys :j
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Twins
    Happy Friday everyone :T

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bit annoyed with myself this morning, I had a watch on a maxi dress on eBay but I totally forgot the bidding finished yesterday (thought it was today) and so I missed out :( Oh well.... wasn't supposed to be I suppose. eBay is funny though, I have some items that don't sell at 99p and I've got one top on there at the moment that's had 116 view and has 14 watchers!

Today's list is:

- Go to the bank and deposit the £1 coins from the Terramundi into the savings account
    - Make my weekly food meal plan
    - Complete surveys and get onto Swags
    - Get in a free workout at home from YT
    - Lunch from home
    - Check bank account

Think that's all for now. Enjoy your day everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure