What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 6th November?

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi C2o :) I don't use a s/s but a good old fashion note book - works for me.

Purps in fairness to her because I am a flexi worker (and so can be posted anywhere in the areas in Kent we have the contract for - depending on demand) my JD does state I need a car :( It is not over though as have supervision on Friday so will ask her to be flexible. At the moment I am in an area where there is really good public transport. I couldn't get to the areas I have client's any quicker with a car, and it works out more economical for the company. For example yesterday I used my car and will claim £10 for mileage & parking. My bus ticket would have cost £6.70. If you work that out over the year it's nearly £500 less to the company ;)

I am looking for other work. But until the right thing comes along, with the right hours I need to make the best of what I have....

I woke up at 4 today :eek: so annoying when my sleeping pattern goes like this! I will be knackered come 6.30 (pm) :(

day off today :j going to just plan to do a couple of things:

* make madam's & oh's pack lunches. Make tomorrow's as well
    * hang up washing & do another load
    * clean upstairs
    * drop fleabay parcel at post office - for my £40 refund :D
    * go to lottie if weather is good - will check shortly
    * go through joint account and finalise balances for the month
    * worked out childcare balance - tis way too much as oh's employers overpaid by £210 for 2 months :eek: benefits of small employer they are not passing this on to oh :beer:
    * replied to fleabayer re reducing an item. Have agree for quick sale
    * had to unpick knitting as had messed up. Due to the size of socks (for madam I need 17, 17, 18 stiches on the dnps. Have just worked out to be able to keep to the k1,p1 pattern I need to organise stiches 17, 17, 18. I think the attempt I just unpicked was 17, 18, 17 :o) will cast on again....
    * listen to audio book
    * list something on fleabay

ok that's enough. Happy days guys - just realised it's Wednesday. will read newletter :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Wow early start determined hope you get an early night. I went to bed at 9.30 last night and slept until 6.30so feel slightly more human today. Today’s list:
    Radiator shuffle when heating was on
    Cleaned kitchen, DW on
    Something out of freezer for tea, updated freezer list
    Left over pea and ham soup I made in sc yesterday for lunch
    Fruit to work
    Coffee for commute made when DH boiled kettle for his at 6.30 :T
    Another early night
    Start small shopping list for weekend
    Check surveys later

Think that’s about all as long day at work today.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Been awol for a couple of days as OH hurt his back and we have had dramas of doctors, fetching prescriptions and (me) running up and down the stairs and trying to do everything else as well - so small things, indeed most things, have gone by the board a bit :(

Anyway, the upside is, I haven't spent anything except a few pounds on over the counter meds to complement the prescriptions ones (suggested by doctors etc). He is starting to move about a bit, though not sure if he is doing so enough for me to get him to the surgery tomorrow :eek:

Anyway, today's plans:
    Cancel OH's osteopath appointment, best stick with docs now!
    Post RM surveys items which got forgotten in all the drama / lack of sleep yesterday :o
    Claimed a £5 Amazon voucher from Ipsos :eek:
    Dog walks
    Load of washing as it looks as though it will be a nice day when the frost goes off :)
    Try to tidy the house up a bit as it is a tip :(
    Food from stores, OH can have the rest of the casserole I made yesterday, and I will have an omelette or something
    Check for surveys
    Check banks

OK, better get on with some of it :)
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 November 2017 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Morning folks,

Welcome aboard chick2o

Car is back, straight and driving very nicely :) It's a sunny day and it's my Friday (yeees!) I'm really enjoying the new hours. I don't feel like I'm working much more but I am loving working 4 days! The mad batch cooking on Saturdays is working a treat too. It's a lot of work at the time, but the time saved over the week is amazing.

Yesterday's round up:
    • Meals from plan - done
    • Car to be fixed - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • No drinks - done
    • Crochet - must block m-I-l's scarf - started November on sunshine and showers
    • OH to do housework hehehe - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Keep heating off as long as poss. Mild today so probably won't go on. - OH had it on and was in a t-shirt....
    • Renew this blooming insurance. I have let it run out... ooops. Maybe I should shop around. I'm currently with More Than because it's a fixed amount of cover, and no way am I trying to add up all of my possessions. Does anyone know of any other fixed cover companies? - :o

Today:
    • Meals from plan
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • INSURANCE
    • Plan next week's meals
    • No drinks
    • Check with friend if we are meeting up with her tomorrow - done. we are.
    • log cals in free app (weight stabilising now after weekend) - done
    • charge phone in work
    • remind OH he's teaching. The chap keeps moving his lesson and OH keeps forgetting. Suggestions that perhaps he writes this down in his phone diary with a reminder apparently have fallen on deaf ears. - yep he overslept. Wish I could just f^&* about and oversleep for work.
    Will add anything more as I go

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Welcome C2O it's a great thread that keeps us on the straight and narrow:j

DawnW I hope that ur OHs back gets better soon-easier said than done with backs but I hope he sees some improvement and it takes some pressure off you

CLF good news about the car:)

Apart from my insides being sore still and now being on a light diet, I just had to crack open the Christmas after eights this morning:o:eek:. Not interested in any of the christmas chocs i have stashed at all but just fancied a couple of after eights, the rest will prob go back in the cupboard for Christmas as im happy just to have had a couple. Thoroughly enjoyed:T:T

Banking all checked this morning.
    Cat cleaning all done.
    Filming went well last night. Took painkillers beforehand to get thru it but boy did it hit me when I got home. Also managed to push thru a lot of paperwork:T(I don't do well with boredom, I get fidgety)
    RM survey to do today.
    Will do the cat food shop at the same time.Have a £3 voucher for it aswell:)
    Will also pick up a click and collect parcel while there
    I've been checking the insolvency register and finally I'm off it. Feels like the IVA is a distant memory but I can't believe how much my attitude to money has changed.
    Really cold out we had a frost last night, so heating has been kicking in. Not so cold during the day at the minute so heating has been off.
    Recycling to go out and hopefully that will be it.
    Love Wednesdays, my favourite day of the week:):):)
    Have a good day everyone xx
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 November 2017 at 11:21AM
    Options
    Morning all!

Back to work for me tomorrow but not too much to do today and I have to stay in as two shirts for DS new job are being delivered.

Re photograph two items for website with the same lighting as the others as they stick out like a sore thumb. Try to take nice pic for the header, this will be more difficult as it requires more space.

I want to go down to sign up as a volunteer dog walker at a local dog rescue but that will depend on the parcel delivery.

I changed the bed sheets yesterday so I will get them in on a boil wash which will make the whole house smell lovely :)

Top up the salt and rinse aid in dishwasher before putting in another load. Clean the filter.

Clean up fur ball.

YS ready-made chicken sandwiches for lunch.

Shepherd's pie for dinner (didn't get round to it last night :o )

Bath and hair wash and re check my home haircut, it's not the best I've ever done but not the worst either.

Fiddle around with timer for heating and hot water.

I think that's about it, have a good day everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • BritOnABudget
    BritOnABudget Posts: 65 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2017 at 12:36PM
    Options
    • [STRIKE]Make Christmas list/list presents for other people[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Use amazon voucher[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Look at coupons/special offers on forum[/STRIKE]
    • Send off car tax
    • [STRIKE]Do competitions[/STRIKE]
    • Sort out cupboard for boot sale
    • Send office shoes back
    • Try on new skirt (send it back if not liked)
    • [STRIKE]Claim petty cash at work[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Make lunch for tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Look at surveys[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Update banking spreadsheet[/STRIKE]
    House Deposit: £5,015.37:j
    Make £2018 in 2018 - £1399.45/£2018
    Save 7k in 2018 #25
    Emergency Fund - £0/£1000 = 90%
  • uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2017 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Not a NSD today as off out this evening. It will be very MS until then though. Just had my M&S vouchers through in the post, so that will help towards the cost of December. Just found a couple of old vouchers that are still in date when I was sticking them on the noticeboard, so that all helps :)

Today I have/will:
    *[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]post eBay sale parcel[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]finally did November budget in spreadsheet this time - strewth![/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]B and L from stores[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]quick tidy of flat[/STRIKE] done
    *gym
    *check tyre pressures (and remember 10p off per litre voucher for fuel)
    *fill water bottle at gym

That's it for today. Have a super day everyone,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys :) I went to bed at 7 last night! Woke up at 3 but forced myself to go back to sleep. Feeling much more human today & hope I can get my sleep pattern back to normal :)

1LL hope your mood picks up. Have you been to speak to gp? I went 2 months ago, was given some medication and feel like a different person now :)

plans for today:

* load of washing in machine - will hang up before leaving
    * busing about today :money:
    * make soup and fruit for snacks ;)
    * take carrier bag to stop at SM on way home and pick up a few bits
    * baking cake with madam tonight when I get in :A
    * check banking
    * knitting & audio book this evening
    * check onepoll (while on bus ;))

Ha ha very low expectations these days :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Low expectations are fine determined then it’s good to over achieve ;) that’s my plan today anyway. I’m in work today which is not good as it’s a short day as I need to be back for School pick up so I worked loads last night to be ahead. I do feel on a slightly better place though for it. Today’s brief list:
    Check banking
    Made 2 cups of coffee from one cafetière and put 1 in my travel mug for commute
    Lo soup for lunch with some fruit
    Made a quick batch of another soup last night that DH has taken some of
    Fish and pizza dough and froz mozerella out of freezer for teas tonight
    Cash out a £3 survey
    Check a cheque that’s been banked

Right think that’s my limit, back later. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure