Starting over...

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Go on get that work out done, you will feel so much better for it and then you will smash your whole to do list!
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Go on get that work out done, you will feel so much better for it and then you will smash your whole to do list!

You're so right, just did legs for 20 minutes! In addition to completely overhauling my life, I'm trying to get fit as well :rotfl:
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Forumite
    Well done! I'm currently decluttering, I really should be studying.
  • ladymay
    Forumite
    Today has been good and productive and I'm shattered :p

To do list for today:

- make a PAD Done, £7.53 on the CC
    - NSD Done!
    - Tidy car Half done haha, I'll finish it off tomorrow
    - Work out (come on, I can do this!) Done! Thanks DFD for the kick up the a$$ this morning! Did you get your studying done?
    - Look into survey sites Not even close! Realistically I don't think I have the time to spare before Christmas
    - Put together schedule for carol singing for musical society Done, now onto sorting the set lists which will be a gradual process because I'm waiting on a bunch of people to get their backsides in gear
    - Sort set lists for next couple of weeks Not done, I've run out of energy and it doesn't need to get done today
    - Make packed lunch Done, and it was big enough today haha!
    - Read a few DFW diaries for inspiration After my shower, this shall be my reading for the evening

Last job of the day is to make my to-do list for tomorrow. I'm shattered!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Forumite
    Wow look how much you got done! Glad I could help give you a kick, I did a little studying, not as much as I really should have though.

Survey sites are great if you have an hour or two to spare, I signed up to Swagbucks in around May/June, I barely did anything in September and October and so far my earnings are £208. Prolific is also good although its been quiet for me recently but earnings there are £50 in about a month for very little work.
  • ladymay
    Forumite
    Thanks DFD, I'm soooooo ready for bed now! And I'm glad you got a bit of studying done, a bit is better than none :)

I might have a look at survey sites when I get the chance, but it seems every time I think I'll have a free day it gets taken up with something more important.

Picked up a bit of non-singing event work for Saturday night, which is great - easy work looking glam and helping people find their seats, that sort of thing - but I now have to find cover for my volunteer shift and nobody is answering their emails :D Nothing seems to be simple at the moment! I'm aware I'm at risk of getting frazzled. November is normally my quietest month of the year but until I head to the airport on the 18th I'm flat out! I also have a ton of stuff to do in the UK, but I might spend the first couple of days catching up on sleep haha. The main thing for me is that my mood is good, which means I'm super productive.

To do list for tomorrow:

- prep for meeting with wedding couple on Sunday - the church they're getting married in will only allow sacred music and they're worried, part of my job is reassurance and giving them options so I need to check I'm covering all bases
    - find swap for volunteer shift on Saturday
    - email new client to set up invoicing account
    - sort set lists for next week
    - rejig finances
    - start sorting songs for carolling
    - make a PAD
    - NSD (unless I see cheaper diesel)

And if I get time:
    - clean bedroom
    - clean bathroom
    - start creating UK potential client database
    - work out

Along with a gig 90 minutes away, it's another full day...

64 days to the big move!! :j:j:j
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Forumite
    Sounds like an extremely busy day for you today, good luck finding a swap. Why don't you try and get yourself into a routine with working out? I find if I do it first thing then it really sets me up for the day and I get so much more done because I am feeling more positive. I am now going to take my own advice and get myself on the treadmill right now instead of being lazy and telling myself '5 more minutes'.
  • ladymay
    Forumite
    Financial update 03/11

Incomings

Owed on invoices - €1480
    Rest of Nov. - €1100
    December. - €3225

Refund due. - €550
    Current buffer. - €450
    In purse. - €100

Total: €6905

Outgoings (to 05/01/18)

Rent - €0 - paid to rest of year
    Groceries - €212.28
    Insurance - €184.05
    Breakdown - €14
    Fuel - €568.29
    Mobile - €66.06
    Car service - €200
    Ferries - €330.25
    The rest - €447.94

Total - (2022.87)

UK

Current a/c - £170.00
    Credit Card - (£1716.52)

Total - (£1546.52)

Total surplus. - £4345.10 (at current exchange rate)

Working in two currencies is SO CONFUSING!!! It's hard to be exact with figures when I'm relying on a stable exchange rate. But these are my thoughts...

Looking at my budget for the rest of the year:

Groceries - this might be a struggle, but I'm doing small bits like trying lower-brand items, quite enjoying the experiment! Turns out the cheap tea in @ldi is just as nice as the premium brand. I need to allocate time to batch cook once or twice a week.
    Fuel - should be fine. I average €70 a week on diesel which is a crazy amount of driving. I'm looking forward to moving to a more densely populated country :rotfl:
    Mobile - might be a little under...
    Car service - I really hope it's a simple service and this will cover at least part of the wing mirror cost
    Ferries - My Mr T vouchers are still in my account, if they all go through I can transfer this money over to the misc category at the end.

I have no business or emergency funds atm.... BUT I think I can pay off my card and save over £2000 by the time I head back!

Now for the hard work!
  • ladymay
    Forumite
    Sounds like an extremely busy day for you today, good luck finding a swap. Why don't you try and get yourself into a routine with working out? I find if I do it first thing then it really sets me up for the day and I get so much more done because I am feeling more positive. I am now going to take my own advice and get myself on the treadmill right now instead of being lazy and telling myself '5 more minutes'.

Swap found!

I used to be so good with the exercise, just starting to get back into it now after the break up. I think I'll put some clothes on and get it done :T go DFD! Hope you have a good workout
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Forumite
    I feel much better now and much more prepared to tackle some more things today. Your finances look great, you should be able to come back to a complete fresh start with a buffer in place too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport