Getting out of the rut that has become life!!!

Comments

• Our mortgage fee got rolled into our mortgage, so we didn't have to pay it up front, but it was around £1,000 (we had ever so slightly more than a 10% deposit, it was 11.3% if I remember correctly! I don't know whether that affect being able to roll it into the mortgage). Solicitor was around the £1,500 mark. We hired a van so didn't have any other moving expenses, so the whole thing was fairly cheap, as it goes.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We went to the bank today to talk about mortgages and it is do able but needs to sorted by september as after that oh will have to work till he is 70:eek:. Feeling motivated now I know we can do it just need to find a house the one I ws interested in has a mine shaft 30m away so the bank wouldn't give us a mortgage. Whatever happens we will not be moving into more rented:j. Also work have given me a £2000 pay rise as someone is leaving and there sharing the money out amongst the ones left.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • donkids22
    Well another work week over. Work have announced there going to a 4 1/2 day week fro may it's took abit of fiddling but I'm managed to fit my hours in and dd2 will not have to go to after school club so that's a £5 saving a week. With good news for the last few days I'm now waiting for the bad. Off out tomorrow with mum and sister. Then out with oh in the evening without the kids. Need to get my brain in gear and get saving and back on the diet. Our weekly shop this was under £35 a once in a blue moon event, trying to keep food spending down as this can then go towards our savings [STRIKE]if we[/STRIKE] when we buy our house:j
  • donkids22
    Feeling a bit down today the house that we was going to look at has been sold it was my favourite but like my mum said it obviously wasn't for us and somethong will turn up. Unfortunately there is not anything else in the area we want to be. So we've got to wait and get a viewing early next time and anyway it will give us more time to save for the deposit and any renovations we want to do. Not an NSD today as I brought chocolate and I have given money to a collection at work.
  • donkids22
    Well where do i start me and OH have had our bid accepted on a house 142k :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Cant believe we are going to do this we are 39 and 47 so this is going to be a massive step for us and the kids but a fantastic scary and positive step for our futures. Just got my fingers crossed that everything goes through smoothly. We just need to save as much money as possible now before the sale goes through for all the extras that we will need to buy wallpaper, paint, curtains etc., Will be getting where we live now cleared of all juck as i am not taking it with us so lots of charity shop visits, dump and lots of flea baying. Trying to eat as much as we can out of the freezer and cupboards especially the things that have been in there a while.
  • donkids22
    Well so far so good today manged to clean off the candle wax off the sofa with the iron and kitchen roll so it is now looking great again. Had to buy some bread for dinner as OH decided to annoce that there was no bread and he had a loaf out the freezer but it was frozen solid, so much for an nsd today. Tea is going to be gammon joint roast potatoes mash and the veg that we have remaining in the cupboard. Hoping for an NSD tomorrow. Got a few sales ending on flea bay tonight and they are at 15 so hoping to save the money in my paypal account so i cant spend it. :rotfl:
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done on moving into home ownership. Hope all goes smoothly. Moving is expensive so I would cut out all unnecessary expenditure until you are in then reassess.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • donkids22
    Thanks enthusiasticmoneysaving I am following your advice. Today was an NSD and I dried a load of washing on the line, only thing is now I have an ironing pile like mount everest. We was going to see mortgage advisor tomorrow but oh forgot I'm going to see dd2 in her school play so we are going to rearrange for later in the week. Trying to get rid of the clutter bit by bit sold some bits on fleabags made 25 which I am saving towards new house stuff.
  • donkids22
    Well so much has happened. Filled in mortgage application 4 April, house valued 11 April, full mortgage offer received 13 april. Not sure how long it's going to take to get into this house. Still decluttering and got some boxes from work to start packing. Made £50 so far on fleabags from selling our unwanted junk. Still got along way to go with decluttering and also eating the freezer down so cutting down on food bills as well.
  • donkids22
    Managed another nsd today. Have eaten at the parents for the last three days so my freezer is still pretty full need to start emptying it ready for defrosting. Packed 4 boxes can't really do alot more as I have no where to put them. Spent some more time decluttering and I have made nearly £100 on fleabags also got three big bags ready to go to charity shop. Still got the kids rooms to sort so anticipating a lot more clutter to get rid of. Not sure how long it's going to take to complete on this house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport