Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer 250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer 250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous 250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 36
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 22nd Nov 17, 11:08 AM
    • 5,696 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    The Boss
    Ha ha its not the paying in of the 1000 that caused my headache it was trying to take it back out again .....had to do it 500 twice . First bank account I've had that don't let you move more than 500 at a time without a security key thingy !
    Originally posted by diceydeb

Is this true? I need to set up a standing order for 800 into another account for the mortgage each month. How do you get a security key and what is it - a passcode, card reader similar to Natwest/Co-Op, something else?
    You don't have a "credit score". They do not exist. The number you are referring to is a a random number produced by the credit reference agency using incomplete data to make money out of you.

Different lenders score applications for different financial products differently so there is no 'catch all' score that determines your credit worthiness. Lenders use data from your credit file and also data from your application form that is NOT recorded on your credit file, such as your salary (a key driver), when assessing your application. Different lenders have different criteria, another reason a "credit score" means nothing -data that is considered good for one lender may be considered bad for another. Or vice versa.
    • originator
    • By originator 22nd Nov 17, 11:15 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    originator
    no security key or token thingy was even mentioned when I opened my B account in branch and I have never needed one to move money back and forth.Had no restrictions on sending 1000 at a time either,maybe it's different on the yorkshire/clydesdale accounts
    mortgage free 3/10/12
    • Jibeddy
    • By Jibeddy 22nd Nov 17, 11:30 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jibeddy
    Is this true? I need to set up a standing order for 800 into another account for the mortgage each month. How do you get a security key and what is it - a passcode, card reader similar to Natwest/Co-Op, something else?
    Originally posted by The Boss
    The Card readers are interchangeable, you can use any card in any machine (as far as I'm aware).

Not had an issue with moving more than 500 myself, in fact I've moved over 1000 in and out twice already.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 22nd Nov 17, 11:37 AM
    • 1,451 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    soulsaver
    It's not a card reader, it's a digital key like hsbc's (& FD's M&S's).
    Not interchangeable.

Not required for B (I believe), but is required for 'not B' internet banking above the 500 per transaction, 1k daily wd limit & maybe set up new payees.
    • Jibeddy
    • By Jibeddy 22nd Nov 17, 12:00 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jibeddy
    It's not a card reader, it's a digital key like hsbc's (& FD's M&S's).
    Not interchangeable.

Not required for B (I believe), but is required for 'not B' internet banking above the 500 per transaction, 1k daily wd limit & maybe set up new payees.
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Right, nevertheless I'm with Yorkshire and haven't needed any key when creating new payees nor when I've transferred over 1000.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,952Posts Today

8,511Users online

Martin's Twitter