• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    Are you trying to tell us something?:p
    Oh god def not:rotfl::rotfl:
    MKS wrote: »
    Don't any of your friends have an unlocked one?

Actually think my sister is on o2 :rotfl::rotfl:will ask her later

How are you?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    And my other major news this afternoon is I finally got OH to clear his messy corner of the living room :j Its only taken me 30 years to get him to finally completely clear it out - more or less a minor miracle

Firstly when I suggested that this afternoon was THE day for doing it he tried grumbling, said the sofa could not be moved out which of course it could. Then I made him completely bottom out - everything came out from behind the sofa, the floor between the sofa and the cabinet, the glass cabinet itself was emptied, the window ledge ...
    The mound in the middle of the living room floor was horrendous - honestly it would have reduced most people to tears, it was so much worse than I even imagined.
    I vacuumed and wiped down everything including the mess behind the cabinet as well as inside, the window ledge everything was scoured.
    Mostly OH had to sort through the mess himself which he was not totally happy about but he had to do it- a box for paper recycling, another of card, the wash basket full of old computer CDs were binned plus masses of nameless odds and sods, big pile of DVDs and other odds for the charity shop, big mound of railway magazines which are also getting recycled, washing machine load of socks and 3 fleeces :(
    All thats gone back into the cabinet are 2 cameras and a small tablet in its case, 2 sets of DVD sets in their cases, 4 of his train models. The only railway stuff was a glass round thing and a round metal thing ( nameless things which he is sentimentally attached to ) and I gave him a plastic wallet for photos. Even his medicine stash has been re homed although I don't know where to

- and thats it - about 95% all gone

The window is now clear so we have a good view afterwards of the bird feeder and the woodpecker enjoying himself on the peanut feeder :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    And my other major news this afternoon is I finally got OH to clear his messy corner of the living room :j Its only taken me 30 years to get him to finally completely clear it out - more or less a minor miracle

Firstly when I suggested that this afternoon was THE day for doing it he tried grumbling, said the sofa could not be moved out which of course it could. Then I made him completely bottom out - everything came out from behind the sofa, the floor between the sofa and the cabinet, the glass cabinet itself was emptied, the window ledge ...
    The mound in the middle of the living room floor was horrendous - honestly it would have reduced most people to tears, it was so much worse than I even imagined.
    I vacuumed and wiped down everything including the mess behind the cabinet as well as inside, the window ledge everything was scoured.
    Mostly OH had to sort through the mess himself which he was not totally happy about but he had to do it- a box for paper recycling, another of card, the wash basket full of old computer CDs were binned plus masses of nameless odds and sods, big pile of DVDs and other odds for the charity shop, big mound of railway magazines which are also getting recycled, washing machine load of socks and 3 fleeces :(
    All thats gone back into the cabinet are 2 cameras and a small tablet in its case, 2 sets of DVD sets in their cases, 4 of his train models. The only railway stuff was a glass round thing and a round metal thing ( nameless things which he is sentimentally attached to ) and I gave him a plastic wallet for photos. Even his medicine stash has been re homed although I don't know where to

- and thats it - about 95% all gone

The window is now clear so we have a good view afterwards of the bird feeder and the woodpecker enjoying himself on the peanut feeder :D

Yeehaaaaaaaaaaa:T:T:T:T glad ts been done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    Hate to bring the thread down, but my wonderful Father in law has passed :(

He was more of a father to me than my own father ever even tried to be, and will be sorely missed.

I am just so glad we managed to get the kids to see him before he went.

I'm sorry to hear this. Sending my love to you and your family x
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yeehaaaaaaaaaaa:T:T:T:T glad ts been done

me too, it feels like a dreadful burden has gone.

Everyone can come round now armed with homemade cake and wine as I don't need to be embarrassed about the livingroom now for the fist time in years :j
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    me too, it feels like a dreadful burden has gone.

Everyone can come round now armed with homemade cake and wine as I don't need to be embarrassed about the livingroom now for the fist time in years :j

At the end of the day people come to see you not the house:D but glad you feel better about it:T
  • bubbs
    Options
    tweets wrote: »

Thats amazing :T:T:T:T
  • chocaholics
    chocaholics Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon guys, I refused sharpies as I thought they were the wrong ones - do they not say with shower holder in them?, anyway I thought this was a good reason to refuse them. I also refused a manky bag of mixed veg as well, but neither have appeared on the apg. Is this something new then. Items not received not on apg?
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done mhoc, now you have to stop him re-developing that pile.

If you can manage to get him to do that, I am sure I can manage to get OH to sort his pile in our room at some stage. I thought he would do it when we (read that as I) redecorated last year but it moved to the spare room and back intact!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport